Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

2017 Southwest Colorado off road adventure Aug 4-6
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bretski
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: 2017 Southwest Colorado off road adventure Aug 4-6 Reply with quote

pb24ss wrote:
I'm putting this on the calendar and planning on attending. It's been far too long since I've had a bus adventure.

Hey amigo! Thanks for the heads-up, this sounds like fun.
jamtonio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Southwest Colorado off road adventure Aug 4-6 Reply with quote

peaceful warrior wrote:
I am into it! Still working on the Syncro, if you can believe it! I am waiting on one back ordered part for the cooling system but should have by Feb. I should be ready and may even have the Split ready, maybe.

I like the route but Rich, I am not certain about that "bare right" coming up to the first night campsite. Laughing Laughing

BTW, if anyone is interested, I would be spending a few more days after by heading down to Canyon of the Ancients and Mesa Verde, neither of which I have been to in over 40 years.

My family and myself are hoping to get it together to do this trip!! Peaceful Warrior, we might be interested in joining you for a couple more days, depending on how things go. I have always wanted to go to Mesa Verde.

"The more walking-around money I have, the less I walk around."
-Iggy Pop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
peaceful warrior
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: 2017 Southwest Colorado off road adventure Aug 4-6 Reply with quote

Buskatier wrote:
There is a group of Buskatier buses coming to Colorado from Nebraska and Kansas that would be very interested in getting more info about this event. It would be in the middle of our annual 2 week trip and we discussed a SW Colorado location for our trip this year.
Could someone provide general distance and difficulty of the drive. I see the entry point in Durango and where you end in Rico. How many folks usually make the drive? Lots of info would be great.
Terry Wolfe

Terry, are you related to Russ?
66 13W Deluxe, 68 Westfalia, 87 Syncro.
TOOB Member #15
Brian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
peaceful warrior
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Southwest Colorado off road adventure Aug 4-6 Reply with quote

jamtonio wrote:
peaceful warrior wrote:
I am into it! Still working on the Syncro, if you can believe it! I am waiting on one back ordered part for the cooling system but should have by Feb. I should be ready and may even have the Split ready, maybe.

I like the route but Rich, I am not certain about that "bare right" coming up to the first night campsite. Laughing Laughing

BTW, if anyone is interested, I would be spending a few more days after by heading down to Canyon of the Ancients and Mesa Verde, neither of which I have been to in over 40 years.

My family and myself are hoping to get it together to do this trip!! Peaceful Warrior, we might be interested in joining you for a couple more days, depending on how things go. I have always wanted to go to Mesa Verde.

Right on! Going to wing it with some guidance from Rich.
TOOB Member #15
Brian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
samroon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Southwest Colorado off road adventure Aug 4-6 Reply with quote

I plan on trying to make it on this trip. I'm in Durango now and I've wanted to explore this zone more for a while. Stoked on this trip!
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Southwest Colorado off road adventure Aug 4-6 Reply with quote

Good deal Sam! Hit me up when you get back from school, maybe we can get together for a MTB ride or something.
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
jtauxe Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Southwest Colorado off road adventure Aug 4-6 Reply with quote

Well, that sounds like fun!

This is inspiration to get the 1972 Sportsmobile functioning!
1969 Transporter, 1971 Westfalia, 1976, 1977, 1976, 1977, 1971, 1973, 1977 Westfalias,
1979 Champagne Sunroof, 1974 Westfalia Automatic, 1979 Transporter, 1972 Sportsmobile, 1973 Transporter Wild Westerner, 1974 Westfalia parts bus
, 1975 Mexican single cab *FOR SALE*, 1978 Irish 4-door double cab RHD
yellowCOwesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Southwest Colorado off road adventure Aug 4-6 Reply with quote

I am adding this to my calendar, it would be a pretty long drive from Northern CO and I'm going to want to do a few shake down trips prior to Jong.

Sounds like a blast though. Are dogs invited as well?

Bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Southwest Colorado off road adventure Aug 4-6 Reply with quote

Hey yellowCOwesty, we'd love to have you join us. Dogs are welcome, good dogs that is. I'm sure almost every bus will have a dog, that's just how it is. We are all cool with that, but well minded dogs are pefered.
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
yellowCOwesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Southwest Colorado off road adventure Aug 4-6 Reply with quote

Got it, Delilah's a 7 year old sweetheart gsd that camps with lots of other dogs frequently.

Thanks!

'78 Westy
Currently yellow and white "Sunny"
A few other air cooled VW and Porsches over the years
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: 2017 Southwest Colorado off road adventure Aug 4-6 Reply with quote

Dogs are much kinder than most people. A good Bus dog gives three short yips when you are in the wrong gear going up a steep climb. I'm looking forward to this trip, my Bus is about ready.
pheall
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: 2017 Southwest Colorado off road adventure Aug 4-6 Reply with quote

I am definitely going to try to make this trip! My bus should be in Durango by June. You will soon be seeing another bus in town.
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Southwest Colorado off road adventure Aug 4-6 Reply with quote

pheall wrote:
I am definitely going to try to make this trip! My bus should be in Durango by June. You will soon be seeing another bus in town.

Yea buddy!
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
busboyjake
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Southwest Colorado off road adventure Aug 4-6 Reply with quote

Are we hitting any cool ghost towns? I was looking at this: http://www.outtherecolorado.com/colorados-richest-ghost-town/article/1600259
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:10 am    Post subject: Re: 2017 Southwest Colorado off road adventure Aug 4-6 Reply with quote

^There aren't any ghost towns on the route. I'm pretty sure Imogene Pass is a 4x4 road and would be very challenging in our buses. Rico is a pretty cool small old mining town and we'll also drive by Dunton. Although there's really nothing happening in Stoner these days, the vistas there are great and we'll stop there for some pictures. There are several historic buildings at a place called "the meadows" but no abandoned mines that I'm aware of. The route will be packed with amazing high alpine scenery with great views of the mountains, the Dolores River and buses as far as you can see. Smile.

Only 4 months till the adventure!
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
peaceful warrior
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Southwest Colorado off road adventure Aug 4-6 Reply with quote

richparker wrote:
Hey yellowCOwesty, we'd love to have you join us. Dogs are welcome, good dogs that is. I'm sure almost every bus will have a dog, that's just how it is. We are all cool with that, but well minded dogs are pefered.

Sometimes they even drive.... Laughing Laughing Laughing
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

TOOB Member #15
Brian
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Southwest Colorado off road adventure Aug 4-6 Reply with quote

That dog doesn't appear to be paying close attention to the road!

President, Wild Westerner Club

1978 Champagne Edition Westy, repowered to '97 Jetta TDI
1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
peaceful warrior
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:27 am    Post subject: Re: 2017 Southwest Colorado off road adventure Aug 4-6 Reply with quote

vwwestyman wrote:
That dog doesn't appear to be paying close attention to the road!

Laughing he is a rubbernecker, but I believe he was checking out the other
cyclist. Wink
TOOB Member #15
Brian
MR GAS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Southwest Colorado off road adventure Aug 4-6 Reply with quote

OK! looks like we are gonna make this years Trip!! We cant wait for the adventure.
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 Southwest Colorado off road adventure Aug 4-6 Reply with quote

I do the first start on the new engine tomorrow! A little bit of interior work and I'm ready to roll.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: