Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Syncrofest 7: May 4-7, 2017
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jon_slider
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest 7: May 4-7, 2017 Reply with quote

owokie wrote:
I signed up last Saturday.

how?

this is what I get
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

owokie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest 7: May 4-7, 2017 Reply with quote

Oh...yeah...

Don't mind me, I'm an idiot. Was thinking syncro solstice.

Carry on.....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Syncronoid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest 7: May 4-7, 2017 Reply with quote

May have to opt out this year, event is getting too big for the current venue. If you're not there by Thursday, it's dust bowl camping. ;/
mreuter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest 7: May 4-7, 2017 Reply with quote

Jon_slider wrote:
Im looking to get signed up, please post when registration goes live

look for me on Stoner Hill..

I expect huge crowds since SyncroFest exploded in popularity exponentially the past few years

Keep a nice spot for us ... Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Syncrozilla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest 7: May 4-7, 2017 Reply with quote

Syncronoid wrote:
May have to opt out this year, event is getting too big for the current venue. If you're not there by Thursday, it's dust bowl camping. ;/

This is true. By thursday night the campground is pretty full. There's not much we can do about it. Busses by the Bridge is the same way.

Last year we had somewhere in the neighborhood of 400 adults. We're going to try to cut down the crowd size just a little this year. We're going to only sell so many registrations and we're going to make the show 100% preregistration only. No more cash at the gate. I'll be spreading the word about this more once we open up registration (soon I promise).

It's obvious that there is a high demand for a "campout" style VW bus event on the west coast. The majority of the VW scene in the US is day shows. The Europeans have som e great campout stlye shows like Weitzendorf and Busfest. I think it would be great to try to do something like that somewhere in Ca. Anybody know an affordable place to have a four day campout with 1000+ busses?
Ahwahnee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest 7: May 4-7, 2017 Reply with quote

Syncrozilla wrote:
...Anybody know an affordable place to have a four day campout with 1000+ busses?

Not really my thing - but there is Slab City...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slab_City,_California
Syncrozilla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest 7: May 4-7, 2017 Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion. That would not work though. We need a facility with improvements (power, showers etc).

I'm thinking the bay area or even north of there to attrack the PNW folks as well.
Jon_slider
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest 7: May 4-7, 2017 Reply with quote

Santa Rosa Fairgrounds?

http://www.sonomacountyfair.com/rental-facilities.php ?

separate train of thought.. to limit attendance.. choose a site with no facilities, (LOL, that will Never happen..)

require only self contained vehicles capable of storing their own waste.. a sort of a

Leave noTrace

event.. you could introduce the finer points of trasharoos and wag bags to the uninitiated.. I can do a presentation if you like.. rotfl

of course the Elephant in the Syncro(fest) is that you could reduce attendance by about 60%, simply by banning 2wd Vans (I know That will never happen either)

on a more serious note, Thank You! for everything you do to make SyncroFest happen
chris zaferes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest 7: May 4-7, 2017 Reply with quote

i would love to sign up for syncro fest!!!!
i will just be finished putting my syncro back together after doing a subaru conversion. i've been trying to sign up for weeks and i get that message that takes you no where.

where is it? how much is it? per person or van. i dont care about price really i'm in if possible!!!

best
cz
ps
whats reasonable price for camping space?
is it camping only with music or is is running the syncro's through obstacles?
i've been thinking about putting together a camping music vanagon hang for a weekend. it's at a cool space in topanga canyon (southern ca)
Jon_slider
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest 7: May 4-7, 2017 Reply with quote

Chris

Welcome!

youre now going to get email updates when posts happen in this thread (if you set your preferences to subscribe to threads you post in.. etc)

so you will know when registration goes Live, cost, etc

Ive been going since 2008, last year the price was iirc $40?, iirc there was a +$10 per passenger cost to cover Saturday night BBQ.

It costs $10 a night to camp there, SyncroFest is not making money, they are a nonprofit afaik

Im not affiliated, but Im a fan
will be glad to answer questions

congrats on your Conversion, get ready to see a really crowded massive gathering of Vans, in a beautiful offroading park.

there is always a driving contest for speactators pleasure, and lots of opportunity to explore terrain, and to go driving with other vans..

the most common carnage is a broken axle, consider travelling with a spare.. otoh, some people never leave camp.. there is a large contingent of 2wd Vans..

You join the Elite by actually Having a Syncro and making it to the event.. LOL!

NO it is NOT a music event. PLEASE dont make me listen to yours.. LOL

People Do gather in subgroups that have organized themselves to camp together, some are oldtimers, some are business owners that support our Vans, some are Nomads that live in their Vans, there are portions that specialize in Beer, or Tequila, or BongHits for Jesus, there is a family area with many small children.. People who do their own conversions, and some who pay to have them done..

you will have a great time no matter where you end up sleeping, everything is a short walk away, and there is no telling how the area will populate this time, as it is first come first seated, there are no electric hookups, no water hookups, no dumping station.. There Are toilets, and water faucets, and Im told theres showers Wink

Theres also Oak Trees, Poison Oak, dirt, dust and Rocks, plus obstacle courses where you can watch and or join in to explore your Vans capabilities.

while waiting, entertain yourself looking at pics and videos in this thread about last years event
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...p;start=60
chris zaferes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest 7: May 4-7, 2017 Reply with quote

it sounds like a blast!
thanks for the info
i'll bring a lot of great tequila!
and my four old axels as back up!! lol
Jon_slider
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest 7: May 4-7, 2017 Reply with quote

some Videos, filmed entirely on Location. <g>

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=syncrofest

Link

Link

ThankYouJerry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest 7: May 4-7, 2017 Reply with quote

Syncrozilla wrote:

I'm thinking the bay area or even north of there to attrack the PNW folks as well.

Jon_slider wrote:
Santa Rosa Fairgrounds?

http://www.sonomacountyfair.com/rental-facilities.php ?

I was thinking the same place. Here are a few more potential venues further north:

1. The Hog Farm / Black Oak Ranch in Laytonville, CA - Home to several large multi-day overnight camping annual events: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hog_Farm

2. French's Camp in the redwoods near Garberville, CA (Which hosts Reggae on the River every August).

3. Plumas-Sierra Fairgrounds in Quincy, CA (where the High Sierra Music Festival is held annually): http://www.plumas-sierracountyfair.net http://highsierramusic.com
Syncrozilla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest 7: May 4-7, 2017 Reply with quote

It's on folks!

http://syncrofest.com/
Jon_slider
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest 7: May 4-7, 2017 Reply with quote

Thanks! Smile
Im in!

will be posted up with the usual suspects on Stoner Hill. This will be the 7th annual, unsanctioned, BHFJ Fest.

pm me if you plan to join us (no promises), so I know when to expect you

Last edited by Jon_slider on Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
TequilaSunSet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest 7: May 4-7, 2017 Reply with quote

1967 Bug- Gone
1964 Euro Sunroof Bug- Gone
1969/72/63 Sunroof Bug- Gone
1975 Brazilian Bug in the Philippines 🇵🇭- New to me
mtnride1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest 7: May 4-7, 2017 Reply with quote

Registered and looking forward to a another great time. Are ya ready for the raffle?
TequilaSunSet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest 7: May 4-7, 2017 Reply with quote

I will be awake for this years raffle... I SWEAR!!!
1967 Bug- Gone
1964 Euro Sunroof Bug- Gone
1969/72/63 Sunroof Bug- Gone
1975 Brazilian Bug in the Philippines 🇵🇭- New to me
squeegee_boy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest 7: May 4-7, 2017 Reply with quote

The Canadians are coming.

Hide the beer.

Robyn
RainierSyncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncrofest 7: May 4-7, 2017 Reply with quote

Found out earlier today that we're having our store inventory on May 8th. I might not be able go, but I signed up anyway.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to:
Page 2 of 13

Jump to: