Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE - ITS BACK.
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
wildman1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

It's not without heart break.......thank you Chuck!! Your shows were top notch and they fully embraced the North East VW Scene. You made a family out of strangers. Big thank you to Dan & Tom as well.

Thank you for your passion. Thank you for the memories!

PS: I'm gonna miss spinning 3rd gear out of the shows haha!

[/img]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
63vwdriver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

Chuck, thank you so much for all the effort you put into the two premier VW shows in the Northeast. For many years I got to enjoy the cars, swap meet and FRIENDS that you helped bring together. Congratulations on your charitable contributions--your work through the years truly made a difference for so many people. Thanks again for all you've done, and enjoy your well-deserved rest. I look forward to seeing you at other shows, and perhaps for lunch at Rozzi's.
moogie32
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

Chuck, I can't thank you enough for the amount of effort it took to put these fine events on year after year. For me it transcended a world class Volkswagen show; it was the social event of the season. You and your family deserve a well earned rest. Imagine experiencing a fathers day when you can actually relax and not worry about the weather..... Very Happy
Diane
Doch leider musst du von uns gehn
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
splitlp
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

Chuck, I would like to thank you and everyone who helped with these shows, always top notch and always run as a family event! We will all miss these shows, you spent many years keeping the East coast VW community together. I started out years back at the Inn and have been attending both shows ever sense. My family and I have made many friends and contacts at these events. Truly top notch and definitely will be missed.

we wish you the best in retirement! thank you, J.P.
EZ Gruv
King of Plaid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

Applause Applause Applause Applause

Thank you.
My Photography Page.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

WM971252 wrote:
So what are we going to say we are doing Father's Day weekend and the middle of August..... Laughing Laughing Laughing

well, I do have about 600 acres of corn field I could use Think

well, that sucks...was just talking to some friends about LFBI 2017. guess that won't happen now Crying or Very sad

chuck, you have done a great job over the years and I really wish you well. it was a 1,000% thankless job with a bunch of people that were never happy.

I have been going to this show (missed a few) since I was 11, way back when it was at the inn. end of an era for sure, and I hope that you enjoy your "retirement"

-d

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
lunatic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:05 am    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

can't say i'm not really disappointed, but i appreciate everything you've done chuck. it was a pleasure to help judge for the past 10 years or so.
thewalrus
Big Jack

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

Thank you Chuck! Sorry to see both of these awesome shows go away but I truly hope you enjoy retirement and family time.

Thank you! Applause
60vwnewengland wrote:
Looking forward to next weekend, weed, krunk juice, hookers, blow, hanging with bums, philly, ...the awards!
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vw54john
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

Thanks for your service to the VW community and for the many charities you raised money for, Chuck. I have many fond memories of the Litchfield show, especially those early ones held at the inn. Both of these events are now legendary and the camaraderie they spawned and nurtured as well as the memories they've provided, have made many people happy. Job well done. Outstanding.
xoo00oox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

Well this is certainly disappointing news. Litchfield was always a highlight for us. For years we would use that show as a deadline to get a project vehicle running. The last few days before the show were usually 20 hour work days trying to get what normally would take a month done in a week.
The drive to CT was used as the maiden voyage for many of my projects, surprisingly I was always able to make it there and back without mechanical issues. My first real drive with the first VW engine running counter clockwise was to Litchfield, followed by the first Syncro Vanagon using complete Quattro drivetrain all running backward also getting test driven to Litchfield.
I enjoyed camping out the Saturday before the show and meeting up with fellow VW guys the best. Im sure the fire department will miss the crowds of VWs coming in to their annual Father's day breakfast.

Thanks for all the great years, I've also been going since the Litchfield Inn days. And thank you to Jim (MrLimbo) for all your years of DJ work at these shows.

Andrew-
Flint European Auto

-here's a great video made from the 2013 show..

Link
sirswank
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

Thanks Chuck, for making these two shows a staple of the New England VW scene.

I grew up at these shows, first going with my dad, then bringing my own kids years later. I looked forward to judging or just hanging out with the people I would see once or twice a year. Shout out to Dan and the rest of the crew, you guys were awesome too.

It was fun to see the show evolve, with the move from the Inn, and engine blows (or not), the variety of cars that showed up, and the treasures at the swap meet.

Thru the years, it never lost the laid back vibe and good family fun that some of the more infamous watercooled shows seemed to devolve into.

Congrats on retirement and a job well done.

-Kedrick Swain
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

Thank you, Chuck, for the great work. I always enjoyed the shows when I went to them. Now it's time for someone else to take up the cause.

Wanted: Art Collins VW (Savannah, Georgia) items - license plate surrounds and other items. Also ivory "AM", "FM" and "SW" buttons for a US Blaupunkt Frankfurt.
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

Thanks Chuck for having these shows available to all of us VW nuts over the years. I too started going to Litchfield when it was at the inn and i think the Harwinton show was elsewhere too IIRC. I wish you the best of luck with your new found free time.
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
iaccy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

Although I am very disappointed to read this news I am grateful for the years of memories I have from attending both these shows. Chuck I hope you enjoy the extra time you will have not planning and preparing for the shows. Now I'll have to find another show to look forward to during the summer months. Thank you again for years of hard work. Applause
'67 Beetle (sold) http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3289202#3289202
OG '63 Beetle http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=444566
mrlimbo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

xoo00oox wrote:

I enjoyed camping out the Saturday before the show and meeting up with fellow VW guys the best. Im sure the fire department will miss the crowds of VWs coming in to their annual Father's day breakfast.

Thanks for all the great years, I've also been going since the Litchfield Inn days. And thank you to Jim (MrLimbo) for all your years of DJ work at these shows.

Your welcome. I hoped everyone enjoyed my music selections. I bet the firehouse will be a little less crowded.
'01 Jetta Honey's car
Looking for a Vanagon weekender or Escorial green camper.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

Quote:
I hoped everyone enjoyed my music selections.

Two less "Pleasant Valley Sundays" (the Monkees) to look forward to during the summer. Your classic hits music in the background worked so well among all the aircooled VWs, Jim!
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

Thanks to Chuck and Tom for all the years of fun times, great swaps, great memories, etc. Kinda at a loss for words about this, as I was planning to get there this summer, but the end had to come sometime.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Zwitterkafer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

I'm so glad to have been able to attend many of the Litchfield & Terryville shows. The long road trips were always worthwhile, and the scrounging for missing parts in the swap meets was most enjoyable. Thanks, Chuck, for having made all of that possible, and best wishes for your retirement.
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

WOW !! First no more N.J. Trailbash, now this !!!! Evil or Very Mad

Chuck, thanks for giving me another reason to come home to N.W. Ct., Every Fathers day, I knew where I'd be headed, enjoy your "Free Time" and I hope to see you and all the fun Northeast Vw folks out on the road....

And holy crap Jon, that pic of me and Rob has to be from 2005 ??

Terryville Samba pic-2006:

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Litchfield and Terryville NO MORE Reply with quote

This is certainly disappointing, I was hoping to get the bug to litchfield this year Sad . I only made it to Terryville once (last year) and never got to Litchfield. It was a great time seeing all the Vws lined up in the field and that '43 KDF. Thanks for the show I got to, it was great! And thanks for putting it on for all the others that went to them before me.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: