Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Koni red shocks- $103/shock (rear) $85/shock front-FS ~wholesale
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dsdunbar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: Koni red shocks- $103/shock (rear) $85/shock front-FS ~wholesale Reply with quote

I dont recall the exact rules on posting deals, but given we have mention of deals for the ARB awning I thought this might be appropriate.

I just ordered my shocks from "raceconsultingagency.com". They have the following advertised prices:
Koni 82-2100 $85.49/shock
Koni 82-2101 $103.00 /shock (out of stock, back ordered to Koni)

Speaking to the sales rep (obviously they can feed me a bunch of BS and I wouldnt be any the wiser), their cost for the rears from koni are $99 (mark up of $4)...not sure about the fronts.

Free shipping.
My total was $378 out the door, cheaper than anywhere else I could find.

Just wanted to pass it along.
Mods - delete this if it is inappropriate, apologies in advance if it is
E1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: Koni red shocks- $103/shock (rear) $85/shock front-FS ~wholesale Reply with quote

I'll get mine from Van Cafe at a little more, they're always there for our community and I like cookies.

— Colin Chapman
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
E1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: Koni red shocks- $103/shock (rear) $85/shock front-FS ~wholesale Reply with quote

Meaning, we need to support the real bus guys so they can stick around. Same reason I don't go to Wal Mart, short-term savings really aren't in the Big Scene.

— Colin Chapman
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dsdunbar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Koni red shocks- $103/shock (rear) $85/shock front-FS ~wholesale Reply with quote

I understand your point. I also support the companies that supply hard to obtain parts for our vans (VC, RMW, T3, GW) and realize it is important. But for generic parts (ARB awnings, stock shocks etc) I dont feel i am betraying anything by seeking best price. This price saved me over $110 (savings on springs plus shipping). Again not trying to step on other businesses...but for items that can be obtained anywhere... I think price seeking isnt terrible.

E1 wrote:
Meaning, we need to support the real bus guys so they can stick around. Same reason I don't go to Wal Mart, short-term savings really aren't in the Big Scene.

MarkWard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Koni red shocks- $103/shock (rear) $85/shock front-FS ~wholesale Reply with quote

$4 markup. That is some business model. So you have both the front and rears now or you are waiting for one axle set still?
dsdunbar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Koni red shocks- $103/shock (rear) $85/shock front-FS ~wholesale Reply with quote

I ordered all 4. As mentioned the rears were not in stock and needed to be ordered from Koni. I just got an email confirming that Koni has them available and it will be 2weeks shipping from Koni to RCA, and then 2 day shipping from RCA to me. They asked if they could send all 4 together (saving them shipping costs) and I said that wasnt a prob.

So beginning of February is when i expect to have it at my place.

MarkWard wrote:
$4 markup. That is some business model. So you have both the front and rears now or you are waiting for one axle set still?

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: