Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

32-34 pdsit okrasa
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
consvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject: 32-34 pdsit okrasa Reply with quote

Anyone ever re-jet these carbs to run on an Okrasa setup. I just noticed the bolt pattern fits the stock manifold & would be nice to have dual 12v electric chokes on an old 36 horse. Any opinions would be great.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
consvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: 32-34 pdsit okrasa Reply with quote

I found some early t3 carbs to try out, and it seems to run alot better than the ones WW sells with their kit. The linkage from a t4 even fit ok with a few little mods.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
snowbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: 32-34 pdsit okrasa Reply with quote

I was wondering if they had the same bolt pattern. What happened to your shroud? it is all wavey. Is it a china one or banged up original? Jim
consvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 32-34 pdsit okrasa Reply with quote

snowbug wrote:
I was wondering if they had the same bolt pattern. What happened to your shroud? it is all wavey. Is it a china one or banged up original? Jim

Yep, they bolt right on. My fanshroud is an original that has some big dents in it. I just installed this engine into my ghia today, seems to be running pretty well with these carbs.
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: 32-34 pdsit okrasa Reply with quote

hi there! any chance you could post a picture of the whole engine? assuming you still have the carbs Wink

thank you
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: 32-34 pdsit okrasa Reply with quote

bump
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
consvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: 32-34 pdsit okrasa Reply with quote

This was the setup that i mocked up about 3 1/2 years ago. The project got tossed on the back burner so i never had a chance to refine the setup, road test it, jet it, etc. I still have future plans for it though i swear, Laughing
Don't look too close, the linkage is absolutely hideous!
fl59bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: 32-34 pdsit okrasa Reply with quote

snowbug wrote:

The stock oil bath air cleaner doesn't play nice with aftermarket fan shrouds, which don't come with the indentation for the air cleaner housing. The appearance and placement of those dents made me think of that.

Last edited by fl59bug on Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
consvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: 32-34 pdsit okrasa Reply with quote

This one is just a dented old shroud. I usually just toss the aftermarket ones in the metal bin.
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 32-34 pdsit okrasa Reply with quote

awesome! thank you so much! take care
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: