Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Thing air cleaner parts???
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
kdz76
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Thing air cleaner parts??? Reply with quote

I recently picked up a 74 thing that had a small fire in engine compartment but managed to melt the plastic parts of the flapper deal on intake side of canister and I did some searching but I can not find any resource for finding replacement plastic parts to rebuild the stock oil bath air cleaner. I am putting a good amount of work into the car and do not want to cut corners and put an aftermarket cleaner on the car trying for as original as possible.

Any help or direction on parts that would work for this please let me know
74 Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: Thing air cleaner parts??? Reply with quote

Maybe contact Mike Basso at Thingparts, he may have some used part that will work.

http://www.thingparts.com/search.php?search_query=air+cleaner&x=0&y=0
kdz76
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: Thing air cleaner parts??? Reply with quote

thanks ill give that a shot
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Thing air cleaner parts??? Reply with quote

I tried to find those plastic guides for the flappers several years ago and failed to find a source. Maybe just buy a used air cleaner, they are plentiful so don't cost much.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: