Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

36 IDF jetting?
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Albertoprop17
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:43 am    Post subject: 36 IDF jetting? Reply with quote

Hi, I'm buiding a 1600 dual port engine and I have dual weber 36 IDF, does anyone know for "the best" jetting for these engine/carbs?

Greetings from Spain

Alberto
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
earthquake
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:23 am    Post subject: Re: 36 IDF jetting? Reply with quote

I don't think 36mm IDF's were ever imported into the US, I think they were intended for use on Fiat's and Alfa's. They have slightly different progression holes [5 instead of 4] then 40-44-48mm IDFs that are for VW's. I have a set of 40 that are like that, they also have different linkage parts on the shafts that need to be converted to work on VW's, here is a link to my old post...

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=468497&highlight=40mm+idf

Unfortunately Mark Harney does not hang out here any more and I never got his trick to make them work better.
I wish I could help more.

Casey
05 SCION XB SERIES RELEASE 2[#437]
95 Chevy C3500 dually
98 Ford E150
Link to Kelly J. Nolte 3/20/53 - 11/6/08
https://time-zonelabs.blogspot.com/p/about-kelly.html
DEATH TO CHINGERS!
[From a military recruitment poster in the novel "The Stainless Steel Rat" By Harry Harrison]
66brm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:37 am    Post subject: Re: 36 IDF jetting? Reply with quote

With 28mm vents I start at 50 idle 180 air corrector, 115 main fuel with f11 emulsions at sea level assuming a stock 1600, if using a 009 set to 30 btdc, fine tune using plug readings. Mark used to solder up the air for the idle and redrill but the size eludes me now, but smaller than factory and bigger than the later three port 40 idf's

modok wrote:
I am an expert at fitting things in holes, been doing it a long time
Albertoprop17
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: 36 IDF jetting? Reply with quote

My engine is a stock 1600, but with lightened flywheel and balanced crankshaft whit the flywheel. The rods weigh exactly the same.

I'm going to put on it 1.4 ratio rockers, strong valve springs, csp linkage and a vintage speed exhaust:

http://shop.vintagespeed.com.tw/s.nl/it.A/id.7/.f

What will be the jetting combo for this engine?

I'm going to put all at the same time

Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
clearsurf2001
Samba Vaccinator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: 36 IDF jetting? Reply with quote

66brm wrote:
With 28mm vents I start at 50 idle 180 air corrector, 115 main fuel with f11 emulsions at sea level assuming a stock 1600, if using a 009 set to 30 btdc, fine tune using plug readings. Mark used to solder up the air for the idle and redrill but the size eludes me now, but smaller than factory and bigger than the later three port 40 idf's

Excellent starting point. Make sure your floats are set, carbs are spotless inside and out, and your fuel pressure is between 3-3.5 psi.
mharney wrote:

I think Glenn has an EMPI crank in his engine.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: