Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bay window EFI ECU info needed can I use a 75 ecu on a 76 motor?
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
66 dormi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject: Bay window EFI ECU info needed can I use a 75 ecu on a 76 motor? Reply with quote

Hello all I'm in the process of ditching the proggy on my 76 engine and going back to injection I got all the parts but the ecu is alluding me will the 75 ecu work?

Mini R53 bob the tomato
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Bay window EFI ECU info needed can I use a 75 ecu on a 76 motor? Reply with quote

http://www.ratwell.com/technical/FISwap.html

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
aerosurfer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Bay window EFI ECU info needed can I use a 75 ecu on a 76 motor? Reply with quote

Yes it will

77 Westy 2.0L Rockin and Rolling Resto!

72 Sportsmobile (sold)
79 Tran$porter... Parts car money machine (gone)
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Bay window EFI ECU info needed can I use a 75 ecu on a 76 motor? Reply with quote

they all work in all.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Bay window EFI ECU info needed can I use a 75 ecu on a 76 motor? Reply with quote

That means I can add a “ How to convert a 75 to a 76 ECU “ video to my series!
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Bay window EFI ECU info needed can I use a 75 ecu on a 76 motor? Reply with quote

that poor bastard is getting soooo much hate.
aerosurfer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:13 am    Post subject: Re: Bay window EFI ECU info needed can I use a 75 ecu on a 76 motor? Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:

As long as you don't then put it in a 72 covered in snow...

77 Westy 2.0L Rockin and Rolling Resto!

72 Sportsmobile (sold)
79 Tran$porter... Parts car money machine (gone)
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: Bay window EFI ECU info needed can I use a 75 ecu on a 76 motor? Reply with quote

aerosurfer wrote:
Abscate wrote:

As long as you don't then put it in a 72 covered in snow...

Thanks! We can stitch the two together et and make a third video!

Now it’s a sellable album set. First edition!
ROCKOROD71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: Bay window EFI ECU info needed can I use a 75 ecu on a 76 motor? Reply with quote

Wasn't there a switch in Mid 76 from the pre-heat 75 style FI to the Temp 2 sensor 77 style?
Wouldn't the ECUs be different betwixt the two?
6pin to 7 pin AFM harness...
Correct me if I'm wrong here....

30 years from now, the next guy may not want your girlfriend, but he may want your classic car, depending on how nice you were to it.

asiab3 wrote:

Careful guys, a petulant child can grow up to be president these days.

**winter drivers: no survivors!**rust warrior**#keepbodyshopsbusy**
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: Bay window EFI ECU info needed can I use a 75 ecu on a 76 motor? Reply with quote

in answer to the original question yes and no. The 1975 and the early 1976 are the same (012), the 1976 1/2 is the same as the 1977 (018 & 020). See BusDaddy's link to Ratwell. 1975 and early 1976 use a micro switch to determine WOT. 1976 1/2 and on use the speed of the door swing and position to determine WOT. So - it all depends on which 1976 motor and FI system you have - 1975 - early 1976, or 1976 1/2 (late).
66 dormi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Bay window EFI ECU info needed can I use a 75 ecu on a 76 motor? Reply with quote

Does anyone know the part # for the early 76 unit?
Thanx for the link I used ratwell to get the 78 westy Efi running back in 07 couldn't have done it or even contemplated doing this without it!!!
One thing do I have to use the old clear plastic vac hose ? is there a place that sells it? I wouldn't mind replacing the rubber bits too but they are hard to find now

Mini R53 bob the tomato
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ROCKOROD71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: Bay window EFI ECU info needed can I use a 75 ecu on a 76 motor? Reply with quote

There is a guy who goes by GEEBEE on Samba who makes most or all of the hoses for FI that need to be replaced. They are top quality silicone hoses (incl the S boot). I bought a set and corresponded with him, he mostly makes parts and hoses for airplanes, so you know he's not screwing around. They are not the cheapest but you'll likely never have to buy any of them ever again.
The hard plastic hose up to the decel valve I would re-use unless you can find something similar, or a same-sized flexible reinforced hose that won't collapse from the vacuum. Not sure on the ECU part number but I am almost positive I have one in my garage as well as an NOS AFM for those 75-76 FI setups, both are totally useless to me. I will try and dig around tonight for them to post the numbers but we have a big storm coming so might not get to it right away.

30 years from now, the next guy may not want your girlfriend, but he may want your classic car, depending on how nice you were to it.

asiab3 wrote:

Careful guys, a petulant child can grow up to be president these days.

**winter drivers: no survivors!**rust warrior**#keepbodyshopsbusy**
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: