Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

New Deluxe Clock
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brian Anthony
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: New Deluxe Clock Reply with quote

I noticed that someone is making a reproduction deluxe clock. It was mentioned in the March HotVWs Parts Bin on page 74.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I was hoping to find out more details about it so looked up the website mentioned in the article. Their website is under construction so no details are available.
Does anyone out there know anything about this clock?
Who actually makes it?
Has anyone purchased one and do they have details on how it looks and works?
I'll call the vendor next week but I'm betting they are not the manufacturer. All I'm expecting to hear is it looks and works great. But I wouldn't expect much more. I'm hoping someone out there know more about this clock.
Thanks,

I’m not old, but I once knew a man who was alive during the Civil War, and he once knew Revolutionary War veterans.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
55samba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: New Deluxe Clock Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7721206&highlight=#7721206

Saw them several months ago. They look good.

Edit, this is an actual photo of the repo.

Last edited by 55samba on Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brian Anthony
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: New Deluxe Clock Reply with quote

Thanks, I did a search but didn't see anything, but I only search the title.

I’m not old, but I once knew a man who was alive during the Civil War, and he once knew Revolutionary War veterans.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: New Deluxe Clock Reply with quote

Here's the makers/sellers ad on here
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1886030
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Stocknazi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: New Deluxe Clock Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Here's the makers/sellers ad on here
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1886030
Wow, that looks nice. Some of these reproductions look so good; makes it even more important to know what you are looking at when buying parts. That nice original part you buy at the swap may turn out to be a 10 year old reproduction with "patina."

"When the people are afraid of the government, that's tyranny. But when the government is afraid of the people, that's liberty."
"Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God."

Thomas Jefferson
tasb
The Distributor Distributor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: New Deluxe Clock Reply with quote

Brian Anthony wrote:
I noticed that someone is making a reproduction deluxe clock. It was mentioned in the March HotVWs Parts Bin on page 74.

I was hoping to find out more details about it so looked up the website mentioned in the article. Their website is under construction so no details are available.
Does anyone out there know anything about this clock?
Who actually makes it?
Has anyone purchased one and do they have details on how it looks and works?
I'll call the vendor next week but I'm betting they are not the manufacturer. All I'm expecting to hear is it looks and works great. But I wouldn't expect much more. I'm hoping someone out there know more about this clock.
Thanks,

There's a manufacturer sticker in Kanji characters so its manufactured from an Asian country.

1965 hardtop Deluxe Microbus owned since 1990 M 620 factory 12 v 1500cc

1961 (October)Single Cab- Road Trip Workhorse
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MrPolak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: New Deluxe Clock Reply with quote

I need just the glass for mine. Anyone sell those?
thom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: New Deluxe Clock Reply with quote

This is an interesting bit from the ISP West web site:

(works with whatever electrical system it is first plugged into).

Emphasis theirs.

So if you initially plug it into a 6v system, it won't work on 12v? That's peculiar.

<rant>
I bought an ISP West repro tach for my T34 and it was absolute, utter, garbage. This clock looks like it was made by the same vendor. Their pricing isn't a reflection of what it costs to make the item, but rather a knockdown from what nice original parts go for, so their margins on this crap must be astronomical.
</rant>
1957 23-Window Deluxe
1957 Mercedes Westfalia single cab
1963 Unimog 404
1965 E-Type
Stocknazi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: New Deluxe Clock Reply with quote

MrPolak wrote:
I need just the glass for mine. Anyone sell those?
I have cut down a cd case and it worked quite well.

"When the people are afraid of the government, that's tyranny. But when the government is afraid of the people, that's liberty."
"Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God."

Thomas Jefferson
Spitty1974
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: New Deluxe Clock Reply with quote

I need a bezel for my clock, the original is all dented up.....I was going to contact them and see if I might be able to just buy the bezel, but I'm guessing they will only sell the whole thing...
tasb
The Distributor Distributor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: New Deluxe Clock Reply with quote

I'll bet you a distributor rebuild that you are correct... Laughing

1965 hardtop Deluxe Microbus owned since 1990 M 620 factory 12 v 1500cc

1961 (October)Single Cab- Road Trip Workhorse
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
3foldfolly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: New Deluxe Clock Reply with quote

I bought one of these clocks from ISP West. It was junk, wouldn't even run. Time adjustment knob would not operate. ISP West fully refunded me and paid for the return shipping. No issues with them, just the clock.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: