Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Repop Childs Cot w/ Poles
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
westy66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:44 am    Post subject: Repop Childs Cot w/ Poles Reply with quote

I cant believe i havnt seen one of these floating around the forumns. Maybe i just havnt searched for the right keywords. I found the website by accident and promptly ordered one for the ridiculous price of $85 + shipping. I wanted a real one, but the prices are insane and they are pretty scarce. Ive stepped over a hundred of these at swaps over the years Crying or Very sad I got it yesterday and am quite pleased with the quality. However, i cant comment on the fit as my bus is at my friend shop. The great feature is the telescoping poles that will allow storing this thing under the seat, the originals are impossible to stow. (AND YES i realize the picture is a bay, but they dont have a split picture on their site, maybe ill send them one)

http://selectvwparts.com/cab-storage-child-cot-for-t2-split-window-p-87.html

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

'03 EuroVan Weekender
Enkiel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: Repop Childs Cot w/ Poles Reply with quote

wow, finally!

looks pretty good. I'm wondering tho, wont square pole be harder on the cloth?
G-wood Todd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: Repop Childs Cot w/ Poles Reply with quote

I got one of these 4 years back for my 60 kombi. My (now 4 year old) has slept in it many times during camping trips. Nice quality, very sturdy and has held up well. Only complaint I have is that its a tad saggy in my kombi. Not as taught as the bay window pic. Can't beat it for the price.
and take the kids for instance "Are we going in the Volkswagen bus?" and they say "Yay!" and clap their hands and if it's a glorious day you can slide the sunroof back and let a little of the glory in and all of a sudden, it stops looking funny.

-Volkswagen ad
Bala
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: Repop Childs Cot w/ Poles Reply with quote

I have this as well, in fact that's my bus in one of the pictures (they even asked permission). It is really nice, and an amazing price. Got mine about 4 years ago as well.

I don't have a splitty (currently) but my dad does. Very Happy

1966 Beetle
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
westy66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: Repop Childs Cot w/ Poles Reply with quote

Great feedback! Thanks guys
'03 EuroVan Weekender
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: Repop Childs Cot w/ Poles Reply with quote

Enkiel wrote:

Don't the late bay Westys come with telescoping square poles? I wouldn't think that would be a problem.
Sounds like they copied the late bay version and sell it as a one size fits all, so you can't expect a perfect fit for all buses. Especially when the bay and split canvas were different shapes. But if it fits and works, there's a cot for you!
I remember the cot in my old 73 westy (non telescoping poles) being more taut than in the pics above. The poles & canvas rolled up stowed easily on top of the closet. But if you don't have a closet like that maybe the shorter poles are more convenient?

I guess you 'set' the tautness by where you install the hooks if you don't already have a westy... higher up for looser, lower for tighter.
Bala
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: Repop Childs Cot w/ Poles Reply with quote

Clara wrote:
Enkiel wrote:

Don't the late bay Westys come with telescoping square poles? I wouldn't think that would be a problem.

Yes, in '76 when the bed/seat got narrower due to the icebox/fridge and the closet shortened there was nowhere to store the cot without being able to telescope it down so it fits under the bed/seat.

They are definitely more of a challenge to install than the early round style, but with a little practice it's not that bad. Especially when you don't have headrests to remove everytime. Confused Smile

1966 Beetle
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VW Addict Premium Member
Samba Salesman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Repop Childs Cot w/ Poles Reply with quote

Following.
They are sold out. I need a set for my '77
easy e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: Repop Childs Cot w/ Poles Reply with quote

westy66 wrote:
... the originals are impossible to stow.
Unless you put them up on top of the closet... where they were normally stowed in a Split Bus.
westy66 wrote:
... AND YES i realize the picture is a bay, but they dont have a split picture on their site
Probably because they also realize this is a Bay Window product... not a Split Bus product.
oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: Repop Childs Cot w/ Poles Reply with quote

JOGR makes a repop split bus cot and boot:

https://jogrusa.com/products/split-bus-childs-cot-canvas-and-boot

Leather securing strap:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1959733

Here it is stowed away on top of the closet:

Longboardluv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Repop Childs Cot w/ Poles Reply with quote

Bala wrote:
I have this as well, in fact that's my bus in one of the pictures (they even asked permission). It is really nice, and an amazing price. Got mine about 4 years ago as well.

I don't have a splitty (currently) but my dad does. Very Happy

i just got mine in and trying to fit it up and install it , want to get it as low as possible without issues.
the.fordhams
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: Repop Childs Cot w/ Poles Reply with quote

We got an NLA cot and it has those square poles too. It does make it a bit of a shin scraper..
We didn't care much for the NLA supplied cleats and sourced some OG ones to fit nicer.

67 SO42 welding project
03 Eurovan Weekender
08 Touareg 2 V6

WANTED :
Bob King VW dealer Wilmington NC dealer tag surround and any Literature for 03 Weekender
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VW MIDTGARD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: Repop Childs Cot w/ Poles Reply with quote

I have these ones just sitting around. Are the round poles for split window buses?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: Repop Childs Cot w/ Poles Reply with quote

VW MIDTGARD wrote:
I have these ones just sitting around. Are the round poles for split window buses?

One of these theads has dimensions of poles and cots:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/search.php?searc...=titleonly

Early bay also have round poles. IME, the bay cots are tan and rectangular, split are green and trapezoidal.
I see bay cots.
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: Repop Childs Cot w/ Poles Reply with quote

the.fordhams wrote:
We got an NLA cot and it has those square poles too. It does make it a bit of a shin scraper..
We didn't care much for the NLA supplied cleats and sourced some OG ones to fit nicer.

The footman loops are the same as ones used in the fiberglass roofrack section of the poptop on early bay westfalias. I get a dozen of them off of every junk baywindow westy that I part out. Cheap and easy to find.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: Repop Childs Cot w/ Poles Reply with quote

VW MIDTGARD wrote:

Those are all baywindow cots.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
brr42
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: Repop Childs Cot w/ Poles Reply with quote

I found in my split window if you mount it too low there is a risk of honking the horn in the middle of the night! As the kids grow the more it sags of course. We ended up using it more for a storage area after we found a drive away tent.
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Repop Childs Cot w/ Poles Reply with quote

oakman wrote:
JOGR makes a repop split bus cot and boot:

https://jogrusa.com/products/split-bus-childs-cot-canvas-and-boot

Leather securing strap:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1959733

Here it is stowed away on top of the closet:

Looks great.
Wonder if there was a boot on the SO23 cot?

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Repop Childs Cot w/ Poles Reply with quote

Braukuche wrote:

Looks great.
Wonder if there was a boot on the SO23 cot?

I have no idea if the so-23's came with them or not. I don't have an original to compare to but I think it looks pretty good. One of these days I need to set that cot up and snap a few pics of it..
npbusguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:46 am    Post subject: Re: Repop Childs Cot w/ Poles Reply with quote

brr42 wrote:
I found in my split window if you mount it too low there is a risk of honking the horn in the middle of the night! As the kids grow the more it sags of course. We ended up using it more for a storage area after we found a drive away tent.

Wow, talk about a rude awakening! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: