Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Custom and Commercial, Jon Eastwood, www.customandcommercial.com
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redlocker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Custom and Commercial, Jon Eastwood, www.customandcommercial.com Reply with quote

Unbelievably Awesome!

I have been searching for over a year now for a lock cylinder to replace the one I broke while trying to disassemble my '59 Microbus' ice-pick door handle before I researched how to properly take it apart.

During the time of this search I have bought 8 (I just counted them) used ice-pick door handles that had the correct key profile; for the sole purpose of disassembling the lock to use the lock cylinder in my original handle.

I also bought one "NOS" lock cylinder that was the correct key profile, only to return it because it too was not correct.

I refused and still refuse to pay $200 or more for advertised NOS handles with lock and key because... while I'm not made of money and my bus is a toy, not a necessity.

Anyway, when I found Custom and Commercial's ad on the Samba I was immediately skeptical. Their ads claimed that they made reproduction, German quality lock cylinders, ice pick door handles, and pretty much anything else you might need for just about any type I, II, or III VW.

I contacted them via an email which was promptly answered. I explained my concern, and the issues I experienced while trying to find a correct lock cylinder. I sent them some high resolution photos showing the micrometer readings on my original cylinder, as well as a correct length lock cylinder that I have but it has the wrong key profile. Jon sent it to his engineers to examine and again promptly got back to me.

They had already remanufactured several of these ice-pick door handle lock cylinders that my bus needed. And yes, they had the correct key profile.

The best part.... (drum roll please)...... The total cost shipped to Southwestern Pennsylvania was less than $52.00 (USD).

They shipped it the next business day that they were open (a Monday) and it arrived to my house today (Friday). Only 5 days from paying for it to playing with it, and four of those days it were spent in the USA with the USPS.

The lock cylinder fit perfectly. I changed my original lock "pins" into the one they shipped so that all of my locks match again. Even my original key fits into their lock cylinder perfectly.

BUY FROM THESE GUYS. YOU WILL BE VERY SATISFIED.

FAST EMAIL REPLYS, GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE, AMAZING QUALITY, CHEAP PRICES, FAST AND CHEAP SHIPPING.

Thank-you C&C Crew.

71 Super Beetle (stolen)
71 Squareback (rusted, junked)
71 Squareback (factory-dealer A/C, sold)
68 Bus, sold
68 Beetle (baja'd, sold)
78 "Golf" (total burn)
81 Scirocco S (sold, bought back, sold again)
81 Scirocco S (sold)
86 Scirocco (sold)
83 GTI (DSP auto-crossed, sold)
84 GTI (sold)
2000 New Beetle
'60 Microbus Std. / Mango (project in progress)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Custom and Commercial
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:47 am    Post subject: Re: Custom and Commercial, www.customandcommercial.com Reply with quote

Thanks Buddy,

Great to hear you so happy with our products.

We have some more good news - we now have a USA site

https://www.candc-usa.com/

We don't have all our products lines in stock currently but we are sending more stock all the time to the USA so shipping should be even cheaper next time.

Thanks

C&C

www.customandcommercial.com
Quality Air-cooled vw German, VW OEM quality products at competetive price based in the U.K

Any questions please email [email protected]

Please view our other parts http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?username=Custom+and+Commercial
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Classifieds Feedback
jnr356
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Custom and Commercial, Jon Eastwood, www.customandcommercial.com Reply with quote

received nos lowlight ghia checkstrap downunder ,promptly and a great price...good job,keep it up

australias real aircooled community
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Custom and Commercial
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:27 am    Post subject: Re: Custom and Commercial, Jon Eastwood, www.customandcommercial.com Reply with quote

jnr356 wrote:
received nos lowlight ghia checkstrap downunder ,promptly and a great price...good job,keep it up

Really glad your happy with it cheers, Soon we will have EVEN more parts available down under as 'The Bus Stop' are soon to become an agent of ours

Thanks

www.customandcommercial.com
Quality Air-cooled vw German, VW OEM quality products at competetive price based in the U.K

Any questions please email [email protected]

Please view our other parts http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?username=Custom+and+Commercial
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: