Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

044 super pro.
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
maui
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: 044 super pro. Reply with quote

66cc chambers. Does anyone who wen flycut these heads how much cutting to remove 6cc. I'm shooting for 60cc. Aloha
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: 044 super pro. Reply with quote

I'd probably email Pat Downs, he will know for sure. Sticks in my mind I went about .010 a cc when cutting a smaller chamber for a head cut for 90.5 cylinders. That was from a 53 to 46 cc's. It's all going to vary by the shape of the chamber. Go a little, and measure.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
74 Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: 044 super pro. Reply with quote

Put 60cc of fluid in the chamber, mark it and measure it...but before going through that trouble I would call CB and talk to Pat too.
maui
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: 044 super pro. Reply with quote

I e mailed pat last week and he neva get back to me yet and I getting antsy.
Howard 111
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: 044 super pro. Reply with quote

How many hundred other people do you think emailed Pat last week. Try calling him, and tell the receptionist exactly what you want to ask him. He is a very busy man, but I got through to him just like I said. Good luck.
deadkombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:25 am    Post subject: Re: 044 super pro. Reply with quote

I messaged CB and was told that 0.010 will take off 1cc. I needed to take 10cc and machined the heads .090 to be safe, and it was nearly spot on.
Hope this helps, good luck.
midtravelmidengine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: 044 super pro. Reply with quote

74 Thing wrote:
Put 60cc of fluid in the chamber, mark it and measure it...

Hmmm never thought of that... Confused Embarassed

But that is pretty brilliant!!

I guess its usually because im always unshrouding and trying to open up the chambers

youngnstudly wrote:
I just wasn't sure if I should recommend the 1/3 race cam, the 1/2 race cam, or the 5/8 race cam instead...guess it depends on how much of the race he wants to lead???
maui
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: 044 super pro. Reply with quote

I would think when you're super busy like I'm sure he is,it would be easier for a e mail on his down time than stop work to go running to the phone. But if somebody know the answer then I don't have to bother him.
DeathBySnuSnu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: 044 super pro. Reply with quote

Pat does email back. Just takes a while. I have asked a few questions over the years. He dont do much chit chat, more quick and to the point and then....NEXT.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: 044 super pro. Reply with quote

I tried emailing Pat for the same info, did it several times, and Marriann as well, never got an answer. I just filled the chambers with fluid of the volume I wanted and marked it. If you need to take off .090 to .100 to get your chamber make sure you check to make sure the barrel seats in the head. Mine didn't and I had to shave the head.

brad
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: