Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

412 parts catalogue available?
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> 411/412 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: 412 parts catalogue available? Reply with quote

I don't have a parts number book,but I have vw workshop manual with wiring diagrams and body repair info for type 4 cars.

Wiring diagrams

412 from Aug.1973
412 from Aug.1972
411 from Aug.1971
411 from Aug.1970

USA models only

02/76 Beetle sedan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: 412 parts catalogue available? Reply with quote

I will try to get what I have .....the parts book to 1972.....it has all of the 411 and the first part of early 412 in it. No 1974 or 1.8L.

Its all jpegs of the parts book. Its huge in size even though it done in 2004 with probably a 3-4 mega pixel camera.

I have to clean/sharpen each page and take snips of each one to get it down to about 75-120 kb per page. I may have it done in a couple weeks.
Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: 412 parts catalogue available? Reply with quote

I have this VW illustrated parts book dated 1975

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: 412 parts catalogue available? Reply with quote

ALLWAGONS wrote:
I have this VW illustrated parts book dated 1975

Does it have just illustrations or does it have part numbers as well?

I was recently given a very nice type 4 parts book that is reprint dated 1990. It has all of the illustrations that are a bit more clear than my digital copy of the 1972 book...but no part numbers. Just illustrations. Still very useful for putting together a book.

Ray
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: 412 parts catalogue available? Reply with quote

Just illustrations. Story pf my life. I have the Uber early provisional manual and this.

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: 412 parts catalogue available? Reply with quote

ALLWAGONS wrote:
Just illustrations. Story pf my life. I have the Uber early provisional manual and this.

These books....I think....pure speculation....were used by "service managers" as kind of a printed guide for what was in the micro-fiche.

Generally the service managers are those that have contact with the customer and not those who worked on the cars. They would probably have the need to show the exploded views without having the pages of part numbers in the way.

Also....as VW started phasing out parts and sending them back to Germany....every year starting in the early 80's , each new micro-fiche had more and more "NLA" part numbers.....meaning...if it was no longer available...they did not even put the part number in the fiche. It pissed me off. At some point, entire assemblies quit appearing in the micro-fiche that they could not get.....which made the micro-fiche worthless for its first objective which was seeing what's connected to what.

Then you had those really badly needed parts that were technically ....not totally gone....but were unavailable here in the US for order from Germany.

They were cryptically marked with a price of $999 in the parts price lists. In about 1987...this included the fuel injection harness and windshield gaskets. Rolling Eyes

It was explained to me by a parts department manager....that as the cars were reaching their ten year mark after last production....many unused parts were sent back to Germany or just plain scrapped. The parts listed at $999...were available in Germany... NOS...but sadly could not be ordered....because....they were not just ordered by part #. They had internal order codes...which had been made obsolete and no longer appeared in dealer manuals. They had no way to order these parts that "may" still exist in Germany.

Who knows what the real truth is. But it appeared that VW was trying to get away from type 4 cars as fast as they could once their legal obligation for parts stocking had been fulfilled.

I do have the part number lists though to go with the book...but only through very early 412.

My parts book is dated August 1972 and was a jpg copy made by a gentleman back in 2004 for me in England.

I have not forgotten. I will it cleaned up and posted. Ray
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:14 am    Post subject: Re: 412 parts catalogue available? Reply with quote

Is this the one?

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: 412 parts catalogue available? Reply with quote

Not sure.....that one you are showing appears to be similar but a different format. Let me look and make sure.

Ray
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> 411/412 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: