Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com
 
vwinnovator - [email protected] - Paul Langlois
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Print View
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: vwinnovator
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
View user's profile   View user's ads
Author Message
Splitdog
Samba Split Personality


Joined: February 16, 2004
Posts: 3209
Location: Planet VW
Splitdog is offline 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: vwinnovator - [email protected] - Paul Langlois Reply with quote

Don't deal with this guy. He sent me a nasty h-apron after telleing me it was xlnt. Now he won't return e-mail.....
_________________
CHNO

Z ↔ z + C


Der Blitzkrieg Kafers

Being politically correct means always having to say you're sorry.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwinnovator
Samba Member


Joined: July 11, 2005
Posts: 876
Location: Still doing it in the back of your VW
vwinnovator is offline 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why weren't you honest in the beginning and tell me you were looking for a "perfect" "H" apron for your "$45,000" '51 restoration BEFORE I cut it off my car?

Your ad asked for "good shape" (unless you edit it after you read this)
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=278543

I delivered what you asked for AND included shipping AND went the extra and media blasted it for easy installation and prep.

Surely a guy doing a "$45,000" restoration should be able to straighten any imperfections. look up "restoration"

By the way, If your looking for a "xlnt" apron, why are you shopping in the "used" parts area??? especially for a 55 yrs old car that you want perfect???


Maybe I should post warning:
Don't sell to Jim, splitdog, he asks for good parts to buy them cheap and then tells you they are not good enough for his "$45,000" restoration and he needs them to be perfect.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Splitdog
Samba Split Personality


Joined: February 16, 2004
Posts: 3209
Location: Planet VW
Splitdog is offline 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Except you would have to ask people in Splitville, they won't agree with you. Why didn't you reply to my e-mail??? Rolling Eyes I'm still open to a refund.....When I get back tonight, I'll post a pic and we'll see what people think of the "$300" apron!! We don't 'sculpt' here on the west coast. Now I know why I got no picture.....
_________________
CHNO

Z ↔ z + C


Der Blitzkrieg Kafers

Being politically correct means always having to say you're sorry.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwinnovator
Samba Member


Joined: July 11, 2005
Posts: 876
Location: Still doing it in the back of your VW
vwinnovator is offline 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$300 was the price of removal, shipping, etc. I cleaned it up for you as a courtesy. Look at the ads for "H" aprons and you'll see what you recieved is far better. If you told me you wanted a "perfect" apron, I wouldn't have cut that one off my car. I don't cut them off JUST to cut them off.
I have another one in better condition, however, the price will reflect it. Let's see, an apron is say... 3% of the vehicle. add in scarcity of "H" apron, we'll call that the "H" factor, time to remove, time to strip, time to package, time to deliver to shipper,

divided by price your paying for restoration "$45,000"

How about $1500??

Your paying a guy to restore your car, What is happening for $45,000?

Use the scarce piece of metal and RESTORE it.

If it absolutely won't do, send it back. I'll give you 1/2 refund since I cut it off for you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
YellowSplittie
Samba Member


Joined: September 30, 2003
Posts: 1108

YellowSplittie is offline 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait to see the pictures.

For $300, that had better be a damn nice apron.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwinnovator
Samba Member


Joined: July 11, 2005
Posts: 876
Location: Still doing it in the back of your VW
vwinnovator is offline 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget to mention I offered a striaght "W" decklid along with the deal for pennies. Glad you turned it down so I can sell it to someone more appreciative.

Hope you find your "perfect" apron, love to see pics of it also.

Someone throw him a bone and cut a PERFECT one off your ride.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Splitdog
Samba Split Personality


Joined: February 16, 2004
Posts: 3209
Location: Planet VW
Splitdog is offline 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vwinnovator wrote:
Why weren't you honest in the beginning and tell me you were looking for a "perfect" "H" apron for your "$45,000" '51 restoration BEFORE I cut it off my car?

Jim: You cut this off your car??? With what a butter knife? You butchered it!! See Picture!!!



Your ad asked for "good shape" (unless you edit it after you read this)
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=278543

Jim: You responded that you had one for $300.00 in "very good shape"! I trusted you! Yes, I asked for good shape!! Look what I got!!

I delivered what you asked for AND included shipping AND went the extra and media blasted it for easy installation and prep.



Surely a guy doing a "$45,000" restoration should be able to straighten any imperfections. look up "restoration"

Jim: Has nothing to do with this situation whether or not a body shop can fix it. I bought it in good faith with your "very good shape" My bad for trusting you with out pictures.

By the way, If your looking for a "xlnt" apron, why are you shopping in the "used" parts area??? especially for a 55 yrs old car that you want perfect???

Jim: If you can tell me where to buy a new one I will go there and get one!!! Where else would you look. You are the one that said "in great shape" Not me.


Paul. When shopping on the samba we are hoping that all people have integrity. Once on a while we find someone that does not have good integrity and we need to let people know who these people are. I was happy to get a refund and send you the part back. That's all we can hope for when we are unhappy with a purchase. Why wouldn't you have done that?If you are in the business of selling VW parts on the Samba then you should care about your reputation. All I can do is what I am doing now. Letting people see what I got and they can tell us what they think. OK??

All I originally asked for was a refund....

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.


Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.


Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.


Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.


Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.


Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.


Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.


Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

_________________
CHNO

Z ↔ z + C


Der Blitzkrieg Kafers

Being politically correct means always having to say you're sorry.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
YellowSplittie
Samba Member


Joined: September 30, 2003
Posts: 1108

YellowSplittie is offline 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

um...yeah.

I'd be pissed too if I received that and paid that much.

It looks like it was torn and beaten out of the car.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Splitdog
Samba Split Personality


Joined: February 16, 2004
Posts: 3209
Location: Planet VW
Splitdog is offline 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he used a 'come-along'?
_________________
CHNO

Z ↔ z + C


Der Blitzkrieg Kafers

Being politically correct means always having to say you're sorry.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwinnovator
Samba Member


Joined: July 11, 2005
Posts: 876
Location: Still doing it in the back of your VW
vwinnovator is offline 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, have fun doing what your trying to do. I've restored several cars out my way, and can easily work with that apron, as should any decent body guy. I delivered what you asked for, a decent "H" apron, that's not rusted out.

What were you expecting for so cheap?

Considering the patch work being done to your "$45,000" restoration, this apron fits right in.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=224887

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=256107

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=224886

How much did you pay for that dented muffler and fan shroud??
What about the patch work, look at that lower door post.

Honestly, "$45,000", who's really sticking it to you? I do that work for half as much.

If you can't work with the apron or the people your way can't, send it back. Best I'll refund is less my shipping costs. Next time, ask for EXACTLY what you want.


Last edited by vwinnovator on Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwinnovator
Samba Member


Joined: July 11, 2005
Posts: 876
Location: Still doing it in the back of your VW
vwinnovator is offline 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One last thing, where can I buy a NEW "H" rear apron and how much are they??

Maybe I'll just work with one that's not rusted out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Yustrn
JHC Controla


Joined: August 01, 2000
Posts: 5295
Location: Ovaland, CA
Yustrn is offline 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vwinnovator wrote:
One last thing, where can I buy a NEW "H" rear apron and how much are they??

Maybe I'll just work with one that's not rusted out.


350.00 from Wolfe I believe!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bugnut68
Samba Member


Joined: June 10, 2003
Posts: 4180
Location: Eugene, OR
bugnut68 is offline 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vwinnovator wrote:
Well, have fun doing what your trying to do. I've restored several cars out my way, and can easily work with that apron, as should any decent body guy. I delivered what you asked for, a decent "H" apron, that's not rusted out.

What were you expecting for so cheap?

Considering the patch work being done to your "$45,000" restoration, this apron fits right in.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=224887

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=256107

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=224886

How much did you pay for that dented muffler and fan shroud??
What about the patch work, look at that lower door post.

Honestly, "$45,000", who's really sticking it to you? I do that work for half as much.

If you can't work with the apron or the people your way can't, send it back. Best I'll refund is less my shipping costs. Next time, ask for EXACTLY what you want.


So you cake on HOW much bondo into your cars? Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
YellowSplittie
Samba Member


Joined: September 30, 2003
Posts: 1108

YellowSplittie is offline 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vwinnovator wrote:


What were you expecting for so cheap?



Where exactly does the cheap part come in?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Beetleguru
Samba Member


Joined: October 10, 2005
Posts: 25
Location: VW country
Beetleguru is offline 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim did not buy this to have it cost another $600 to fix it. If the seller had said it's "nasty and needs allot of work" then Jim could have made a better decision about buying it. Like allot of people Jim trusted him. When he got it he realized how bad it really was he asked for his money back. Like anyone would do to a retail store.

Anyone that wants to sell on the Internet sucesssfully needs to have a return policy just like the retail stores. If they are not going to stand behind the stuff they sell what's in it for us to buy from him or her??

Rob

This is cut off??

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
www.L5VW.com
Samba Member


Joined: December 05, 2002
Posts: 474
Location: Salem, Oregon
www.L5VW.com is offline 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I`m guessing that it was purchased without seeing a picture or two first?!....I`ve learned my lesson about buying without seeing a picture first !....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bugnut68
Samba Member


Joined: June 10, 2003
Posts: 4180
Location: Eugene, OR
bugnut68 is offline 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it was cut off with a Dremel and then dropped with the top edge onto an anvil... Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Splitdog
Samba Split Personality


Joined: February 16, 2004
Posts: 3209
Location: Planet VW
Splitdog is offline 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have agreed to return it to Paul and absorb all shipping costs. I should be recieving a M/O in 3-4 days. Yes, I should have asked for a photo. I did, but it was after I sent the m/o. I'm too trusting. I've dealt with probably 50+ people on here and only been burned once.
And those pictures...I didn't fix my heater channels-- I replaced them. Quite well, actually. With German vw heater channels.And yes, an original muffler sitting on a shelf for 30 years has gotten a dent or two. But no, that apron didn't 'fit right in' with either of these projects very well. In fact, I have another as well that I'm willing to part with. It's a split apron with no cutouts, and it's in better condition than Paul's. I'll post pics for sale later.
_________________
CHNO

Z ↔ z + C


Der Blitzkrieg Kafers

Being politically correct means always having to say you're sorry.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwinnovator
Samba Member


Joined: July 11, 2005
Posts: 876
Location: Still doing it in the back of your VW
vwinnovator is offline 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of like being at the top here, controversy is great advertisement.

Well Jim, I appreciate your private e-mail to me and really enjoyed everyone's comments.
What everyone should know is that You placed an ad and I responded with an offer. I threw out a price and you accepted it. You didn't even try to negotiate. I delivered on an obsolete original german part that is very usable and not rusted through as requested.
If I spend about an hour working it and straightening it up, it will be good to go. Any competent body guy could also do the same.
The fact is, I told you what I had and how much I wanted for it and you accepted the deal.After you recieved it, you told me what it was needed for and that it wasn't good enough for you. The issue doesn't appear to be the price, as you have already spent plenty on th car, it appears to be a not good enough, don't want to do any extra work issue.

You have a straight BLACK beetle with patch work done to it. How much filler was used to block it out and get it straight?

If you claim it is all metal, who's the excellent metal worker, and why can't he work with this apron?

If a perfect new repro is only $350 ??, why didn't you just buy one of those for a little extra?

Although I'm not obligated to, I really have no problem giving a refund less shipping, just remember your the one welching on the deal. Just send it back first and I'll send you a M/O. I've been in the vw business 26yrs+,(hard to do if you "cheat" people), and have always stood by my work and what I sell.

Hope you get the $40K+ your going to try to sell the car for. ( Are you going to stand behind it if and when the paint bubbles at that door post and the other places hidden by filler?)

As you know, one man's trash is another man's treasure. Selling it won't be a problem. wonder how many out there with rusted out, rear ended, or heavily damaged aprons are in NEED. It only takes one, and I'll have it availible. My quest is to supply those who NEED the parts, hence the reason I cut it off for you in the first place, You said you NEEDED it.

Have a great weekend, I'll await the return of the apron. Maybe I already have another sale pending. Thanks for the great pictures!! well posted!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tram
Samba Socialist


Joined: May 02, 2003
Posts: 20688
Location: Still Feelin' the Bern- Once you've felt it you can't un- feel it.
Tram is offline 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vwinnovator wrote:
I kind of like being at the top here, controversy is great advertisement.

Well Jim, I appreciate your private e-mail to me and really enjoyed everyone's comments.
What everyone should know is that You placed an ad and I responded with an offer. I threw out a price and you accepted it. You didn't even try to negotiate. I delivered on an obsolete original german part that is very usable and not rusted through as requested.
If I spend about an hour working it and straightening it up, it will be good to go. Any competent body guy could also do the same.
The fact is, I told you what I had and how much I wanted for it and you accepted the deal.After you recieved it, you told me what it was needed for and that it wasn't good enough for you. The issue doesn't appear to be the price, as you have already spent plenty on th car, it appears to be a not good enough, don't want to do any extra work issue.

You have a straight BLACK beetle with patch work done to it. How much filler was used to block it out and get it straight?

If you claim it is all metal, who's the excellent metal worker, and why can't he work with this apron?

If a perfect new repro is only $350 ??, why didn't you just buy one of those for a little extra?

Although I'm not obligated to, I really have no problem giving a refund less shipping, just remember your the one welching on the deal. Just send it back first and I'll send you a M/O. I've been in the vw business 26yrs+,(hard to do if you "cheat" people), and have always stood by my work and what I sell.

Hope you get the $40K+ your going to try to sell the car for. ( Are you going to stand behind it if and when the paint bubbles at that door post and the other places hidden by filler?)

As you know, one man's trash is another man's treasure. Selling it won't be a problem. wonder how many out there with rusted out, rear ended, or heavily damaged aprons are in NEED. It only takes one, and I'll have it availible. My quest is to supply those who NEED the parts, hence the reason I cut it off for you in the first place, You said you NEEDED it.

Have a great weekend, I'll await the return of the apron. Maybe I already have another sale pending. Thanks for the great pictures!! well posted!


You need to get real and quit blaming the customer. You told him that you had a "good" rear apron. That's not "good", that's a pile of crap. you knew that when you cast your bait that reeled him in on it, too. Looks like you were really hoping to get away with hooking a goofball that you could "convince" that that hunk of scrap metal was really better than it looks. Looks like you gambled and lost.
MAYBE he didn't buy the repro because you told him you had a "good original", and it's an original car that he didn't WANT repop parts on... JUST MAYBE??? Rolling Eyes
I really get angry when clowns like you try to justify their shoddy business "ethic" Laughing by saying "Well, what did you EXPECT at the price I quoted you?"
You're super lucky you didn't sell that to me. Wink
_________________
Give A Pal a Hand!
www.happytrailsfarm.org

vwfye wrote:
Oh the joy of custom things...



RIPRW

"I'm very fond of long walks, especially when taken by those who annoy me."- Fred Allen
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2016, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB