Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Fuel injectors.
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeltaBravo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject: Fuel injectors. Reply with quote

Hello all,

As some have been following my looooong engine rebuild endeavor. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=656536&highlight=

I recently shipped my four main injectors and cold start injector to get reconditioned and flow matched. As hard as they tried, they couldn't repair one of the main injectors...

So...I need one new/reman main injector.

I've looked at many candidates (possibilities) that are offered from local auto parts stores to on-line. Everything from $30 reman to $65 new.

I would like to just go down to AutoZone/napa/Oriellys and pick up on of theres...just because it's local, comes with a warranty and I can return without any question.

Any reasons that isn't a good idea?

Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ac78
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel injectors. Reply with quote

Here is the non descript "new" one you'll pay $60 +shipping from Bus Depot.

http://www.autozone.com/fuel-delivery/fuel-injector/gp-sorensen-fuel-injector/80157_594834_0

I'm glad I only bought 1 from depot. I bought the other 3 from auto zone.

Edited- Auto zone has a 20% off coupon too.

VW Campmobile
For people who believe a family's
car should be it's castle !
DeltaBravo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel injectors. Reply with quote

ac78 wrote:
Here is the non descript "new" one you'll pay $60 +shipping from Bus Depot.

http://www.autozone.com/fuel-delivery/fuel-injector/gp-sorensen-fuel-injector/80157_594834_0

I'm glad I only bought 1 from depot. I bought the other 3 from auto zone.

Edited- Auto zone has a 20% off coupon too.

yea...I am leaning toward them as well. Just over a mile away, I can get one tomorrow and return with no questions.

Thanks for the info.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DeltaBravo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: Fuel injectors. Reply with quote

Any more opinions?
KentABQ Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: Fuel injectors. Reply with quote

If you have time to wait, and still want OG injectors...
I have a bunch of spares, and glad to give you one.
But it will need to be sent out for refurb.
DeltaBravo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel injectors. Reply with quote

KentPS wrote:
If you have time to wait, and still want OG injectors...
I have a bunch of spares, and glad to give you one.
But it will need to be sent out for refurb.

Wow...

Thanks KentPS. I am not hard up for keeping the OG injectors. I am still leaning towards going to my local auto parts store. Again, thank you for that generous offer.

I really was hoping for for input on the aftermarket injectors....good or bad. So far, AutoZone is a go.
grtfldan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: Fuel injectors. Reply with quote

I've used the autozone injectors for 5 yrs with no problems.
Dan

79 Bay project
DeltaBravo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Fuel injectors. Reply with quote

grtfldan wrote:
I've used the autozone injectors for 5 yrs with no problems.
Dan

thanks for the reply.

I've checked Napa, AutoZone, and Oriellys. All offer the same warranty but Orielly's is the cheapest at $30. So, I think I will try their brand (BDW).
grtfldan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Fuel injectors. Reply with quote

Seals sold seperatly

79 Bay project
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: