Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Durable paint for bumpers
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
74 Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: Durable paint for bumpers Reply with quote

Can anyone recommend a durable paint for the bumpers?

Obviously cars get a lot of road rash on the front if you drive them a lot and black paint never helps, but I was wondering if there was something better out there then what I have been using.

I am not looking for a gloss black, but probably a satin or semi gloss black, but am more curious of what line may be more durable, or with all cars probably the best way is to use a 3m clear bra to help with rock chips.

Thanks
germanbilly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: Durable paint for bumpers Reply with quote

I have powder coated all my bumpers and would not go back. It is worth the extra money in the long run. Check around you can find different prices at different shops, but check around and find someone who has had work done by them to see how they rate the work.
GB
wbailey2112
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Durable paint for bumpers Reply with quote

I was at the local annual VW show last summer and saw a Beetle with bumpers that had been coated with one of the popular truck bed liner products. It was not a DIY job but the owner had taken them into a shop and had them professionally coated with the stuff. I know that not everyone likes this kind of "textured" look but on this particular car it looked very sharp and the owner advised that he was very pleased with the durability. The particular product that was used had some sort of metal flake or glitter added to it that made the bumpers kind of glisten in the sun. Again not a look that everyone would necessarily like but a very unique look for sure.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: