Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Who drove their bug today?
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 106, 107, 108  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikewilkinson007
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

It's 60 degrees in Nebraska and the bug is out and about!

This is a big deal in this part of the country....fyi Very Happy
Bosch 034

Long Gone: 70 Vert, 66, 68, 73SB, 70, 72, 61 Rag and a 64 with a cinder block in the spare tire well.
vernonc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Elwood and I went for a run today. Dancing Dancing Dancing

mort

'69 sedan, low mileage, all original.....currently being 'freshened-up' for road trips and daily driving...just not every day

Freshening-up link http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=617386
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mergedown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

So nice in Ohio as well, but my interior is still sitting in my shed Crying or Very sad
Tim Donahoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

We have tons of rain today. I took the del sol.

Tim

Richard O'Brien
goober
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

67 deg F here in Northern Illinois. Sunny, windy and beautiful.

I took my garaged 'summer' '70 Bug out for an hour long ride early this morning for its monthly 'winter' ride. Freshened up the tank with a few new gallons of gas upon returning.

After giving my '69 'winter' Bug a bath, I took another hour long ride up and back to my brother's house. We went to a local rail-trail by him and rode our bicycles for a couple of hours. Fun.

Great day. Happy to be alive. Time for a nap Smile
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

I did! Blue Bug

'74 Super 9/16 - present, in refurb process.
'73 Super - 6/18 - Present - Daily Driver!
'75 Super Le Grande...waiting it's turn in line behind '74.
Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

mikewilkinson007 wrote:
It's 60 degrees in Nebraska and the bug is out and about!

This is a big deal in this part of the country....fyi Very Happy

Global warming has its advantages...

1969 autostick sedan, family owned since new
1600 SP engine
Solex 30 PICT 3 carburetor
Bosch 113905205AE autostick distributor
gt1953
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Which vehicle? Wife drove one around somewhere and I took the other one over to a friends house to work on his Marathon/Baja edition. Have the windows open also.

72 type 1
72 Squareback
({59 Euro bug, 62, 63, 67, 68, 69, 73 type ones 68 & 69 type two, 68 Ghia all sold})
mikewilkinson007
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Tomorrow will be sunny and in the 70's! So I'll be hitting the road again!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Bosch 034

Long Gone: 70 Vert, 66, 68, 73SB, 70, 72, 61 Rag and a 64 with a cinder block in the spare tire well.
bobinphx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Took the '69 for a short ride. My son pushed it from the the driveway, into the street and then back to the other side of the driveway. Just so I could sweep up under it. Motor is out for clean up ( lazy previous owner), reseal, engine paint. Smile
vwkirb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Took the 74 like everyday. Girlfriend offered to start it up this morning... she hasn't quite gotten the hang of starting a car with IDFs... probably doesn't help that i've got the accel pumps all the way out for tuning purposes...

Laughing poor neighbors at 5:30am
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Since the asphalt is still white, I need to wait for a couple inches of rain to wash the salt off to turn it back to black.
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

vwkirb wrote:
Took the 74 like everyday. Girlfriend offered to start it up this morning... she hasn't quite gotten the hang of starting a car with IDFs... probably doesn't help that i've got the accel pumps all the way out for tuning purposes...

Laughing poor neighbors at 5:30am

So your girlfriend and you are living together without being married? That's a sin.

1969 autostick sedan, family owned since new
1600 SP engine
Solex 30 PICT 3 carburetor
Bosch 113905205AE autostick distributor
iadubber
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Mid to upper 60s out here in eastern iowa this past weekend. Took my bug out for a cruise and blew a rear wheel cylinder. Laughing
Q-Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

80° here today, and it was raining, but I still managed to drive it around the yard.

'69 Dune Buggy
'69 Beetle Convertible
'70 Beetle
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

sb001 wrote:
So your girlfriend and you are living together without being married? That's a sin.

I would "never" do that.

Well, actually I did do that twice, and each time the gal pressured me into marrying her !!! So you've been warned !!!
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
madworks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

One hour commute each way today in my wife's bug. Smiled while getting passed by everyone on the freeway.
Madworks 1980 Vanagon Westy
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=672496&highlight=
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

madworks wrote:
One hour commute each way today in my wife's bug. Smiled while getting passed by everyone on the freeway.

Begs question why? This was me yesterday exceeding the speed limit and passing nearly everything on the road. Very Happy
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Your brake, check light is on! Laughing Might want to have a look at that.
Zundfolge1432 wrote:
madworks wrote:

Begs question why? This was me yesterday exceeding the speed limit and passing nearly everything on the road. Very Happy

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Actually don't give two shits about that light, my car runs and I drive it Very Happy
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 106, 107, 108  Next
Jump to:
Page 1 of 108

Jump to: