Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Who drove their bug today?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 107, 108, 109  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim Donahoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

The date code is inside an oval-shaped circle on the sidewall. I believe it shows the week and year of manufacture. 2110 would denote that the tire was made in the twenty-first week of 2010.

If your tire doesn't have that oval-circle with numbers, then your tire was too old to use anyway.

What did you hit? A spike strip?

In case of a flat, I keep a long breaker bar with a long socket to loosen my lugs, a good spare that I check the pressure of every few months, a scissor jack (the stock VW jack is crap), an Accugage tire-pressure gauge, and the stock VW tool kit with the stock lug socket and bar (for tightening).

I have not had a flat tire in decades, but I like to be prepared.

Tim

Richard O'Brien
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

I have non-stock 14-inch mag wheels from the 1970s on my 1971, and my spare is stock 15-inch VW wheel, so I also carry four stock lug bolts in my trunk. I also carry a can of Slime flat sealer too.
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
Antonio Trejo
VW Parts Dealer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

A quick trip in a tow truck to the VW dealership this morning. 2 hours and $790 pesos later a back home driving my Sedan. It purrs like a kitten again!
Genuine VW Ultima Edition parts
Genuine VW Type 2 watercooled parts
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Antonio Trejo wrote:

A quick trip in a tow truck to the VW dealership this morning. 2 hours and $790 pesos later a back home driving my Sedan. It purrs like a kitten again!

What did they repair, Antonio? And what would the cost be in US dollars?
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

This was actually yesterday afternoon. Driving home from work on the GW Parkway into Arlington, surrounded by bland characterless commuter vehicles.

Link

Don't worry, I had both hands on the wheel. Gotta get another of those things to hang the phone on the windshield.

'74 Super 9/16 - present, in refurb process.
'73 Super - 6/18 - Present - Daily Driver!
'75 Super Le Grande...waiting it's turn in line behind '74.
Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Antonio Trejo
VW Parts Dealer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Cusser wrote:
Antonio Trejo wrote:

What did they repair, Antonio? And what would the cost be in US dollars?

My doppelgänger made a mess on the spark plug wires sequence and on the injector wirinng harness connections. The VW team did the right job and set the correct timing back with the VAG-COM software. Total bill: $42 USD this is the minimum amount for a "VW workshop working time unit" of 30 minutes. They even fixed a vaccum leak in a lose ralenty hose with a german made clamp "for free".
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

A bargain.
vugbug68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

I drive my bug every day

Buggeee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:57 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

I did! It was a short drive, but a first drive, and after a winter motor rebuild.

Link

Life is Good. Cool
SnowDaySyncro wrote:
Every setback is an opportunity to learn stuff and to buy new tools.
Antonio Trejo
VW Parts Dealer

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

I drove my Sedan this Sunday, and I parked in a "electric cars only" area. What's next... "Tesla cars only"?
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Yesterday's cruise
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

crap i just got up a hour ago, give me a few min and Ill be offt!!! Confused too late I may already be offt....a little.
Brian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Wait, you guys actually drive these things?

'69 Bug
'68 Baja Truck
'71 Bug
'68 Camper

Only losers litter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vernonc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Just got back from a 4 day trip with Elwood through the mountains of West Virginia..........1130 (hard) miles and He didn't miss a beat. Laughing Laughing

mort

'69 sedan, low mileage, all original.....currently being 'freshened-up' for road trips and daily driving...just not every day

Freshening-up link http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=617386
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Had to turn the air conditioner on today. 97° ambients yeeeewwww!!

Robbie

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

asiab3 wrote:
Had to turn the air conditioner on today. 97° ambients yeeeewwww!!

Robbie

Watch out. Water and sharks can come from the sky...
heimlich Premium Member
VWNOS.com

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Antonio Trejo wrote:
Total bill: $42 USD this is the minimum amount for a "VW workshop working time unit" of 30 minutes.

That's USA rates. Shocking!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
heimlich Premium Member
VWNOS.com

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Antonio Trejo wrote:

I drove my Sedan this Sunday, and I parked in a "electric cars only" area.

My car is electric. It has a battery. Doesn't yours? Wink
Buggeee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Man-o-man have I looked forward to being able to post on this thread!!! Instead of the ones about the insides of the motors, for example. Smile Last video was as far as I could go before I cleared the driveway of all the stuff that should be in the garage where my bug hides. Cleared that and today was the first drive around the block! I'll get some lights on there and mount the plates so I can hunt out some cool photo ops like you all have been posting. Very Happy Keep on buggin

Link

SnowDaySyncro wrote:
Every setback is an opportunity to learn stuff and to buy new tools.
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Buggeee wrote:
Man-o-man have I looked forward to being able to post on this thread!!! Instead of the ones about the insides of the motors, for example. Smile Last video was as far as I could go before I cleared the driveway of all the stuff that should be in the garage where my bug hides. Cleared that and today was the first drive around the block! I'll get some lights on there and mount the plates so I can hunt out some cool photo ops like you all have been posting. Very Happy Keep on buggin

Link

Congrats, man, that looks like it's going to be a beautiful Super and sounds fantastic. Love the low stance.

'74 Super 9/16 - present, in refurb process.
'73 Super - 6/18 - Present - Daily Driver!
'75 Super Le Grande...waiting it's turn in line behind '74.
Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 107, 108, 109  Next
Jump to:
Page 10 of 109

Jump to: