Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Who drove their bug today?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100 ... 107, 108, 109  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

After not driving my '77 Beetle at all last year due to personal reasons- not due to car mechanical ones- today I made a good start. I regained enthusiasm a few weeks ago, gave it an oil change and valve adjustment this past weekend, then today took it for the annual New York State motor vehicle safety inspection. Afterwards I stopped for an "at the pumps" shot, and went for a 50 mile drive for fast highway plus twisty roads into Harriman State Park in southern New York. Stopped at a "jughandle" curve on Arden Valley Road which had just opened for the season a few days before. Beetle ran great and it was a good time.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Rome wrote:
...I regained enthusiasm a few weeks ago, gave it an oil change and valve adjustment this past weekend, then today took it for the annual New York State motor vehicle safety inspection. ... Beetle ran great and it was a good time.

Rome, great to see it on the road again! Hopefully I can make the Bear Mountain Pilgrimage this spring/summer and we can cruise those mountain roads w/your local VDubbers!

'74 Super 9/16 - present, in refurb process.
'73 Super - 6/18 - Present - Daily Driver!
'75 Super Le Grande...waiting it's turn in line behind '74.
Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kpf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

@Rome, congratulations on getting back in the bug. That curve in the road looks absolutely stunning! Thanks for the inspirational picture!
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Thanks, guys. kpf- I actually wanted to step farther back to get more zoom from the camera so that the "S" curve would appear more compressed, but there was a 6' steep drop directly behind me off the road shoulder. This 270 degree curve goes well in 2nd gear, then punch it on the uphill as the curve straightens. But only to the ambient 25 mph speed limit.
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Drove it to my PT appointment today, and this Millennial was in the parking lot. Had to snap a couple of pictures w/the poor rudderless fellow.

'74 Super 9/16 - present, in refurb process.
'73 Super - 6/18 - Present - Daily Driver!
'75 Super Le Grande...waiting it's turn in line behind '74.
Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jhp212
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

vamram wrote:

Well, they're both yellow...but the beetle is on the left!
Lost69Convertible
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Took the first drive of 2023. Temp was 63F and the top was down.

Last year the Super Wobble was growing in the steering. I had the front tires rebalanced last week. Today the Wobble is gone. Got lucky on that.
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Tuesday - drove my 1971 Convertible with 1835cc engine to the park. Even got it to 5000rpm a few times.
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Saturday - took Mrs. Cusser to dinner about 15 miles away in my 1971 Convertible with 1835cc engine. Topless, of course.
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
heimlich Premium Member
VWNOS.com

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Cusser wrote:
Saturday - took Mrs. Cusser to dinner about 15 miles away in my 1971 Convertible with 1835cc engine. Topless, of course.

You drive Mrs. Cusser around topless? I bet a lot of people stare.
5% Off your order with coupon code: 5%OFF
Restored Distributors Available (<--Click here)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

heimlich wrote:
Cusser wrote:

You drive Mrs. Cusser around topless? I bet a lot of people stare.

It makes their day !!! They'd stare at the VW Convertible anyway !!!

Years ago a teenage kid saw her in the ocean when the wave broke her top clasp, and her top came off, and she didn't notice. I still tease her that the kid told that to his friends for 2 decades !!!
Sonic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:25 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Drove the '83 to work again today. Stalling at braking still happens and smells like gas a lot inside, so might be up for re-adjusting the carb soon enough.
Blue66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Pulled mine out of winter storage today. First drive since Halloween, it drove great, lots of fun. Sure missed the car over winter. Very Happy
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

I drove my 1970 sedan to the dentist about 5 miles away. I even took a photo on my flip phone, but would need to transfer to my laptop to post that.
alex857
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Last week´s trip with the family Beetles:

and today´s picture with daffodils:

madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

I took the turbo bug uptown today and bought bread, since it was 50* and sunny Laughing
76 Drag/Street bug 2180cc 'Turbo' 11:85 @113 mph"If I go any faster I'll burn up the Hamster" ,gets 28 mpg. also 10/09/22 11.90 @115 mph
"If I'm ever on Life Support,UNPLUG Me, Then Plug me back In see if that Works"
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Picked up my Grandson from school today,He digs the turbo bug,he also races a 65cc Cobra MX bike, the lil gearhead started when he was 4 years old Laughing
76 Drag/Street bug 2180cc 'Turbo' 11:85 @113 mph"If I go any faster I'll burn up the Hamster" ,gets 28 mpg. also 10/09/22 11.90 @115 mph
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

I drove my '71 Convertible to pick up an alternator for my 1988 Mazda truck today. Since Mrs. Cusser had taken the 1998 Frontier, I just "had to" drive the convertible, top down, of course.
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

madmike wrote:
Picked up my Grandson from school today,He digs the turbo bug,he also races a 65cc Cobra MX bike, the lil gearhead started when he was 4 years old Laughing

Cobra's are nasty little MX bikes for up and coming racers. We had a kid here 20 years ago, that won every time he entered a race at our Thursday Nigh MX races.

I, at 41+Yo placed in the top 3 in the vet class and Open amateur races class.
I rode a Husaberg FC501 4 stroke. The Husadady was a bad ass bike too! Very Happy

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Yea this is his 2nd Cobra, had a new 50cc last year, thing ripped,he clears huge table tops with it and big doubles,he'd do a triple if they'd let him Laughing
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100 ... 107, 108, 109  Next
Jump to:
Page 99 of 109

Jump to: