Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Who drove their bug today?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 107, 108, 109  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
RailBoy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Like the Black, is it Factory? Mine is Factory Black which means doors jams and inside as well... Drove it today to work, my co-workers loved it and that my work truck was in the shop, lol.. RB

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

AlmostHeavenWV_VW Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Took the bug out on it's 'shakedown' "Pre-flight checks" days this week in preparations for the big road trip next week.

All systems are go! Very Happy
Bosch DVDA 205AJ Distributor
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

AlmostHeavenWV_VW wrote:
Took the bug out on it's 'shakedown' "Pre-flight checks" days this week in preparations for the big road trip next week.

All systems are go! Very Happy

Where 'ya headed?

'74 Super 9/16 - present, in refurb process.
'73 Super - 6/18 - Present - Daily Driver!
'75 Super Le Grande...waiting it's turn in line behind '74.
Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
alex857
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

RailBoy wrote:
Like the Black, is it Factory? Mine is Factory Black which means doors jams and inside as well... Drove it today to work, my co-workers loved it and that my work truck was in the shop, lol.. RB

Yours looks like a great ride!

Yes the black is factory, it is a 1982 (model 83) Mexican Special edition "Sepcial Bug" sold in Germany in a limited Edition of 1000 cars.

http://www.sebeetles.com/special/
RailBoy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

alex857, so what are you incenuating? Not a 74 Super with OEM Black? RB

alex857
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:06 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Hi RB,
no I was just giving some information on my own black Beetle because I thought you had asked.
RailBoy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:36 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Oh, gotcha, checked out the link and I saw the color shade difference and wondered last night, a few beers, lol..

But yea, my whole car is Black, it is like you can for sure see that it is factory for the whole body was dipped.

See, with these cars they were so. cheap at one time so many people did color swaps and you know how that works out. Different color door jams, inside metal, trunks, ending compartments..

This is were you can see in mine and why I bought it the whole thing is or should be gloss black.. In reality now days it is three shades of Black. Gloss, Pirmer, and flat, damn shade tree mechanics, lol..

Oh, did not mean to sound mean, but wondered if some body did a hell of a job but new it was not a Mexy, for I heard those are Solid Beam Front End and a nutty mix of VW Type 1's is how there made? Maybe you can set me straight there, yea, mine is pre Rack-N-Pinion, meaning 74, but have seen title issues with other cars, makes you think at times... RB
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

I don’t drive this everyday more like a few times a month but when I do I’ll rack up 50 miles or more to bring up to temp and get rid of any moisture in the engine. Perfect for a drive today mid 80s overcast slight breeze early autumn weather.

There’s the beginning mileage and I’m off to the outdoor flea market on north side of town. It’s really a hit and miss affair never know what will pop up. I once bought a Hazet Assistant for just over 100 bucks.

So now I’m back out on the road and got a little carried away car runs great doesn’t miss a beat

Went into the store to get a cold drink and saw this thing trying to mount my car, jeez I broke them up with a shot from garden hose.

Made it back home here’s ending miles just a hair past 50 and now it’s back into garage until next time Very Happy

srbarker0422
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

I drove my 69 VW Beetle to the Cincy VW Car show - it ran great their and back even though temps in the 90's. Thanks to the Cincy VW Club for an awesome show.

AlmostHeavenWV_VW Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:

So now I’m back out on the road and got a little carried away car runs great doesn’t miss a beat

Is that going to be your new avatar picture??? It's +5mph Very Happy
Bosch DVDA 205AJ Distributor

Last edited by AlmostHeavenWV_VW on Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
DurocShark
Samba Member

Location: Crappy town in a crappy state. But the beach is nearby, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Nice photos people!

All I ever seem to do is drive back and forth to work. Twice today, in fact (wife's Equinox battery died, had to go rescue her).

Sigh.
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

AlmostHeavenWV_VW wrote:
Zundfolge1432 wrote:

Is that going to be your new avatar picture??? It's +5mph Very Happy

Surprised me too, car was just running so well. All conditions must have been optimal because this was a level ground run not a downhill.
gt1953
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Yep drive one of them at least once a day. Drove the squareback to Jerome Buss Jamboree over the weekend.

72 type 1
72 Squareback
({59 Euro bug, 62, 63, 67, 68, 69, 73 type ones 68 & 69 type two, 68 Ghia all sold})
T-F-E
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

The blue lady went to visit some diseased relatives at the Ivansson brothers' junkyard.

BIGMIKEY
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

As I was leaving the local Saturday Cruise-In today a guy walked up and handed me this cool model kit. I said well cool and thanked him kindly. No idea why, just a nice guy. Testors 1/24 scale. Metal model.

Mike T

Deserter Series 1 project.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=787047&highlight=

1973 Beetle Driver, Marina Blue.
DurocShark
Samba Member

Location: Crappy town in a crappy state. But the beach is nearby, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

BIGMIKEY wrote:
As I was leaving the local Saturday Cruise-In today a guy walked up and handed me this cool model kit. I said well cool and thanked him kindly. No idea why, just a nice guy. Testors 1/24 scale. Metal model.

Mike T

Needs more weathering!!!!

Laughing

Cool people still exist. That's a sweet thing to be given.
74 standard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

The weather is already changing and I’m down to maybe a couple of weeks before I have to find a dry place to hide him for the winter so despite the cloudy fall day, how could I not take him out for a drive?

MI-Bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Braved the city highway traffic. First 70 mph+ jaunt with the fresh engine. No problems! Purred along just fine.
dubsteez79
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Drove the creamsicle for about an hour and a half yesterday, with no problems to speak of. Finally getting nice fall weather in NC so I can actually enjoy my old cars again.
alex857
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Made a nice and sunny fall drive with my 1984 Selvas Green Mexican Beetle to Ulm, Germany.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 107, 108, 109  Next
Jump to:
Page 47 of 109

Jump to: