Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Road trip, adventure & camping Threads
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject: Road trip, adventure & camping Threads Reply with quote

Post links to other trip threads and we can add them here

West Virginia Weekender adventure
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Road trip, adventure & camping Threads Reply with quote

I just completed an epic single day road trip. I got up at 4:30am to drive my wife to Neah Bay this morning, so that she and a friend could hike from there to Rialto Beach over this coming week. I pretty much drove the entire perimeter of the peninsula since I went up the West coast and down the East coast. Any of you who have driven up there know that there are lots of hills and twisty/dippy roads, and the EV just ate it up like a champ. I credit the engine power and massive brakes and swaybars found on the '01-'03 models. It was an absolute joy to drive despite the ridiculous amount of time I spent behind the wheel. I love this van.

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
Broseph Stalin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Road trip, adventure & camping Threads Reply with quote

Zeitgeist 13 wrote:
I just completed an epic single day road trip. I got up at 4:30am to drive my wife to Neah Bay this morning, so that she and a friend could hike from there to Rialto Beach over this coming week. I pretty much drove the entire perimeter of the peninsula since I went up the West coast and down the East coast. Any of you who have driven up there know that there are lots of hills and twisty/dippy roads, and the EV just ate it up like a champ. I credit the engine power and massive brakes and swaybars found on the '01-'03 models. It was an absolute joy to drive despite the ridiculous amount of time I spent behind the wheel. I love this van.

Yeah, I'm finding the '03 EVC's brakes and handling is a nice thing. 750mi trip from Denver to NV. Pretty nice unit. Good power, good handling. 65-85mph all the way, 18mpg. Setup camp offroad on BLM land at 2130, let the dog out, top up, gen unloaded, fold the bed down, setup table, fridge on DC all the way.

Open the stove, quick meal beef stew, have a beer, furnace on, have another beer, to bed, nice unit.
'03 EVC Winnie, 2018, Sold
Da TOW'D
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Road trip, adventure & camping Threads Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

p stop break at 108 mile historical site -16*C

Tatla Lake Motel half way across the Chilcotin -24*C

-24*C early morning

I installed inner and outer tie rods on our ’93 Deer Slayer and did the string and ruler method of front alignment. Checked all the tire pressure including the flat spare underneath- oil change and filter- the automatic transmission checked out OK and added steering fluid to the steering reservoir. Coolant OK and plenty of spare oils and fluids.

I packed my traveling tools and headed off for a 10 hr. Drive to Kamloops BC to lend a hand on our grandson`s Subaru leaking head gasket problem.
When we left it was clear and cold -8*c beautiful day for driving. The temperature dropped to-12*C across the Chilcotin plateau We headed due east so had the sun in our eyes. Very low traffic .

We got to Kamloops and I rented a heated shop so we pulled the Subaru in and pulled it apart. I dropped the heads off at a great machine shop and they gave us a call the next day with the heads done.
I did the heads in the car and impressed with them compared to the many air cooled VW engines I`ve been into.
All back together now the grandson can get to work.
We left for home another 10 hr. trip we decided to drive most of the way then get a motel and start fresh in the morning to tackle the steep 15* switch back dirt road.
-24*C in the morning. Heading due west and into our valley where the temperature was above freezing,

Dashing through the light dusting of snow
good to be home
Cheers
Hank
'92 Eurovan Willy DD
and NUTS
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MrPulldown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Road trip, adventure & camping Threads Reply with quote

I just got back from a 2100 10 day trip. Van did great. Yesterday we did 80 mph (+/- 5) for almost 8 hours straight. Here are some pictures.

Reborn627
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Road trip, adventure & camping Threads Reply with quote

Just back from a lovely week in Bar Harbor/Acadia with the wife and 3 year old!

weyax
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Road trip, adventure & camping Threads Reply with quote

THE OLD MEETS THE NEW:

Salut

Alex
hobuck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Road trip, adventure & camping Threads Reply with quote

weyax
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: Road trip, adventure & camping Threads Reply with quote

Trip to Falaise and Normandie Coast

Tournai

Chambois

Gue de Moissy

St. Lambert sur Dives

Vimoutier

Camenbert

Canadien Sector

Port en Bessin

Omaha

Campside

Dead Mans Corner

Battery Crisbec

Utah

In the Bocage

Bayeux

Salut and Enjoy
JavaJoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: Road trip, adventure & camping Threads Reply with quote

I had a similar one day adventure. I drove from Annapolis MD to Seneca Lake (finger lake region of NY), over 600 miles, to pick up a mast for my Lightning sailboat. Solo travel, 11 hours of driving, varied terrain, and the van was just awesome.

Zeitgeist 13 wrote:
VanGeek
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: Road trip, adventure & camping Threads Reply with quote

After wrenching on the 2001 weekender I acquired late last Fall, wifey and I took a long weekend at the dry river campground in crawford notch, NH. We were very happy with our first experience with it -- especially since we had a mix of nice days and rainy ones! We're realizing that we need to organize and equip it to meet our specific needs. We hike a lot, so the weekender leaves and returns to the campsite each day. Here are a few pics from the campsite

mikemtnbike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: Road trip, adventure & camping Threads Reply with quote

VanGeek wrote:
After wrenching on the 2001 weekender I acquired late last Fall, wifey and I took a long weekend at the dry river campground in crawford notch, NH. We were very happy with our first experience with it -- especially since we had a mix of nice days and rainy ones! We're realizing that we need to organize and equip it to meet our specific needs. We hike a lot, so the weekender leaves and returns to the campsite each day. Here are a few pics from the campsite

When I am doing this kind of trip, I pack my standalone easy up or a camping tarp for a hammock so I can set one of them up, hold my campsite, and leave gear stowed mostly protected from weather. Just what works for me.
VanGeek
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: Road trip, adventure & camping Threads Reply with quote

Thanks mikemtnbike! Great minds think alike. My wife suggested the same and for 2+ night camps we acquired a pop-up screen tent that fits over a large camp table. We'll drop our stuff inside there . For a one-nighter at the trailhead etc we don't have much stuff inside the weekender and will just deploy the awning and put a few items below it while we're sleeping inside.

Went to White Lake Campground in Tamworth last weekend. Been raining a ton here in June but experienced one good sunny day/evening on the lake. I often make videos of our hikes -- no drones allowed at the campgrounds so I used my 360 cam to capture Vanna and the site. I host my videos on odysee and don't see an easy say to embed them into posts on thesamba. Here's an external link to it: https://odysee.com/@OutdoorVids:8/22-June-White-Lake-VannaL:f

Code:

<iframe id="odysee-iframe" width="560" height="315" src="https://odysee.com/$/embed/@OutdoorVids:8/22-June-White-Lake-VannaL:f?r=6hj9ovSwfgbaQqPaABAVUKK4oBr1s1Tc" allowfullscreen></iframe>
EuroTec
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: Road trip, adventure & camping Threads Reply with quote

Lisa and I had a nice long weekend with "Evelyn". Tested out the new sink/stove setup. It's a bit tight with the bed folded out but still accessible enough to make COFFEE!

No pop top means no standing up without bending over so I use a small folding camp stool to sit on while I cook meals. It works great. I can reach everything I need to.

Nice spot at a campground near Hot Springs NC, only 60 miles from our house in Asheville NC.

VanGeek
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Road trip, adventure & camping Threads Reply with quote

Not a very exciting adventure update...
However, had my weekender at the local shop for an annual inspection and found they were also working on an EVC as well.
Took a pic since I don't see many Eurovan's here in NH....

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: