Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Porsche 356A Blueprints - Help identifying German text
Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
3ftDeep
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:47 am    Post subject: Porsche 356A Blueprints - Help identifying German text Reply with quote

Hello.
I've been drawing my own Porsche 365A blueprints as I couldn't find any.
I'm almost finished but want to fill in the drawing text box in the lower right.
My drawings are based on generally available 356A speedster drawings but the text is pretty illegible; especially as I don't know German.
Someone who does might be able to recognise the words.

What I'd like, if possible, is for someone to tell me what the German words are as well as what they mean in English.
I'd be very grateful if someone could help me out.

Below is what I've done so far, my text box so far and the box I'm trying to get the info from.

Thanks in advance : )

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

olebarndoor51
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Porsche 356A Blueprints - Help identifying German text Reply with quote

Okay!
I try a few....

Sämtliche Abweichungen für Maße ohne Toleranzangabe =
all deviations for dimensions without tolerance

Schlussleuchte = tail light

Blink-Bremsleuchte = Flash-brakelight

Normal-Ausführung =normal implementation

Änderungen = changes

Nr. = number

Tag = day

Name = name

Gepr. = Geprüft = checked

Werkstoff = material/stuff

Material = material

Maßstab = scale

I look for more and a better copy Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
olebarndoor51
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Porsche 356A Blueprints - Help identifying German text Reply with quote

https://www.google.de/search?q=technische+zeichnun...dJ-ZDcgyM:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
3ftDeep
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: Porsche 356A Blueprints - Help identifying German text Reply with quote

Hi barnie

Thank you so much for that. Those are perfect. You're a genius : )

I did take a look through the image link you sent but can't recognise any further words. It's very frustrating : ~

Here's what I now have, thanks to you, with an outline of what is still missing.
Below that is another screengrab of the Porsche 550 text.

There's a couple of lines at the bottom left that seems the same as mine but are a little more legible, but not to my ignorant eye.
If you are able to supply any further help working out the remaining text, I'd be very grateful & will send you a finished print, if you'd like it?

3ftDeep
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: Porsche 356A Blueprints - Help identifying German text Reply with quote

Hello again. Some more progress but still a few to fill in.
Below is what I have and, outlined in red, what I still need to find.

The bottom left, after 'Rohgewicht' & 'Fertiggewicht' I'm thinking it's something to do with permissible variations, like +/- 10% (although I don't think it's that)

Any further help gratefully received. Thank in advance : )

olebarndoor51
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:42 am    Post subject: Re: Porsche 356A Blueprints - Help identifying German text Reply with quote

Evtl. look at the DIN Norm.

https://www.google.de/search?q=konstruktionszeichn...mp;imgrc=_

Bearbeitete Flächen = edited surfaces

St. = Stück = piece/s

Ersatz f. = Ersatz für = replacement for

Ersetzt d. = Ersetzt durch = replaced by

Paßteil / ??? = fittingpart??

Yes, I got a Febr. 56 Coupe Wink

barnie
MMW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Porsche 356A Blueprints - Help identifying German text Reply with quote

Very cool! Any chance you will print these for sale when done?
Update - third pc. found!
Now just need the case halves.
1965 fenderless beetle
3ftDeep
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:56 am    Post subject: Re: Porsche 356A Blueprints - Help identifying German text Reply with quote

Thanks very much again, barnie.
Are you saying you think the top right box (as outlined below) starts with Paßteil ?

56 Coupe. Nice : )

This is now what I have. I found a 914 blueprint that has the same text but maybe a little clearer?:

Just those two boxes to work out. I'm wondering is the bottom one is maybe 'sheet' in english. It looks like it begins with an 's'.
I don't mean it's the english word 'sheet' but maybe it represents the sheet or plan number, even though it's blank. So, whatever that word is would be followed by 1of 2, 2 of 2, if there was another related drawing? Something like that?? I'm also thinking, on the 550 text box (two images up) the lower right box has the full word that is abbreviated on mine.

MMW:
Yes, I do plan to sell these. I'll keep you posted. The reason for doing it is to help fund the restoration of my 1959 UK RHD 356A T2. It was one of the last 'A's to be sold by AFN (now Porsche UK, I think) and also their 500th 356 sale.

Does your signature imply that you've found parts of your original engine? If so, that's amazing : ) Mine doesn't have it's original engine. Instead it has an earlier 1955 1500cc. I'm not too worried but will maybe hunt for the original one day.
Do you have any photos of your car?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: