Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What's your favorite camping item you bring in your bus?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wasted youth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your favorite camping item you bring in your bus? Reply with quote

Ear plugs.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:35 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your favorite camping item you bring in your bus? Reply with quote

Rock is making a come back. Sometimes I'm not sure if I'm listening to Alt Nation or First Wave, 80's are back!
’65 Deluxe Build
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:54 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your favorite camping item you bring in your bus? Reply with quote

Sprink1es wrote:
there is camping, and there is music festivals where I live in the bus for a week.

What festivals do you go to? Do you hit the same ones up all the time or so you travel in your bus to lots of different ones? We usually go to the same ones yearly. My wife vends her jewerly at them and I hold down the camp (cooking, cleaning up, chasing our boy). We have 3 planned this summer; the Four Corners Folk Fest (5 nights), 4th of July fest (2nights) and the Wines of the San Juans Harvest Fest (3 nights). We also have the SW Colorado Off Road bus trip in August and that's 2 nights. Lots going on! My favorite festival camping item is my side tent. That thing is the best! When it's hot you can open it all up, when it's cold and rainy you can shut it down and stay warm and dry. Gives you tons of safe space for cooking, chillin or even extra campers.

Here's the tent open at the Jerome Jamboree last September. Arizona
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Closed up at the Four Corners Folk Fest. The white tent is the main stage. Colorado.

’65 Deluxe Build
Sprink1es
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: What's your favorite camping item you bring in your bus? Reply with quote

I'm down to two annual festivals - Northern Invasion, and RockUSA or RockFest. In WI so I generally don't leave the state... festivals are exhausting, so the last thing I'd want to do after one is drive 8 hours!

Do a lot of normal camping too (you know, without the 160 dB radio) at smaller local grounds. I've been eyeing up the BusDepot EZawning thing, but my 8x8 canopy has been working just fine. If it's windy or really rainy, I just attach some normal tarps to 1 or 2 sides of it for better shelter.

Last year I bought a water misting kit to hang under the canopy. Some summers get so damn hot, I figured it would be the coolest thing ever. No pics of it, that's another story Wink
chimneyfish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: What's your favorite camping item you bring in your bus? Reply with quote

Weber Go Anywhere BBQ, I have the charcoal one for camping, but the gas one looks good as well, especially for day trips.
1972 T2 Camper (Devon), 1988 Golf, 1972 Type 1, 1984 Polo, 1972 T2 Camper (Danbury)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
my59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your favorite camping item you bring in your bus? Reply with quote

Bottle of Talisker for the end of the night as the fire dies.
Lil Lulu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your favorite camping item you bring in your bus? Reply with quote

The last rock festival I went to was the Sky River Rock Festival and Lighter Than Air Fair in Tenino. A few years back Laughing

'72 Deluxe - Niagara Blue w/pastelwiess Camper Special 2L dual 40 Webers 002

'74 Hightop Weekender "Dixie" 1800 34 Del singles
curtp07
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:15 am    Post subject: Re: What's your favorite camping item you bring in your bus? Reply with quote

The Biolite stove.
yellowCOwesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your favorite camping item you bring in your bus? Reply with quote

Rich, which tent is that?

Bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: What's your favorite camping item you bring in your bus? Reply with quote

yellowCOwesty wrote:
Rich, which tent is that?

Bill

It's a Spacemaker, I bought it used locally of the interweb. It is similar to the Bus Depot Add-A-Room. It's kinda bulky when it is packed and takes up most of my Thule box. But is deffently worth it for multi day events, especially if there is going to be bad weather.
’65 Deluxe Build
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: What's your favorite camping item you bring in your bus? Reply with quote

Laughing

Yes beer is like having gas. Booze is better like the nasty GINerator. Sorry not a big gin fan. Confused Lynn makes home hooch from fruit that knocks your socks off.

1) Warm clothes you wont mind wearing for 2-3 days.
2) A plan to poo if there are no places provided. Like a seat and a bucket or bag.
3) comfy ass chairs to sit in outside.
4) shade like a cheap awning or tent.
5) Coffee press as mentioned are life savers (see booze)
6) Positive attitude.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
yellowCOwesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: What's your favorite camping item you bring in your bus? Reply with quote

Awesome, thanks!

'78 Westy
Currently yellow and white "Sunny"
A few other air cooled VW and Porsches over the years
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: What's your favorite camping item you bring in your bus? Reply with quote

yellowCOwesty wrote:
Awesome, thanks!

Happy camping then and dont forget the dog and hot chick thats not there to hike with Wink

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
yellowCOwesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your favorite camping item you bring in your bus? Reply with quote

This is definitely going to be scaling down camping, as we also have a 26 foot bumper pull.

Kids and I are really looking forward to going this year in the bus.

'78 Westy
Currently yellow and white "Sunny"
A few other air cooled VW and Porsches over the years
zoobum
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your favorite camping item you bring in your bus? Reply with quote

Well beer of course.

but, these things.

They are so freaking handy, plus no batteries, or charging. Just leave in the sun in the day and you are ready by night.

I like to put up a ridge line and hang a few from there with carabiners.
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your favorite camping item you bring in your bus? Reply with quote

WTF is that?

OOOohhhh a Solar Light Rolling Eyes Tanks for leeting us idouts knew.

Link

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
otiswesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: What's your favorite camping item you bring in your bus? Reply with quote

Bolt cutters - the universal camping permit

I also have a bag of 2" long bolts with fender washers and nuts for putting chains back together.

Just a regular guy
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your favorite camping item you bring in your bus? Reply with quote

otiswesty wrote:
Bolt cutters - the universal camping permit

I also have a bag of 2" long bolts with fender washers and nuts for putting chains back together.

And thats why some ATV trail riders prefer 12 gauge as an appropriate snack Wink

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
MadMax78
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your favorite camping item you bring in your bus? Reply with quote

Since we agree that beer is just a part of your bus, I'll choose the Coleman dual fuel stove.