Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What's your favorite camping item you bring in your bus?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
rugblaster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your favorite camping item you bring in your bus? Reply with quote

A .357 magnum handgun and CCI .38 SPL/357 shotshells for rattlesnakes. Especially in the springtime.

:2gunfire:

VWoA factory trained line tech 75 till 90 or so
ASE Master Certification
VWoA Assoc. of Quality Technicians inductee (One of 25 in the five state southwest region)
La Confrerie des Chevaliers du Tastevin (San Angelo Chapter)
TCU ......GO FROGS!!!!!!
otiswesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your favorite camping item you bring in your bus? Reply with quote

Kahlua tiki bottle
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Just a regular guy
otiswesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your favorite camping item you bring in your bus? Reply with quote

Bringing the fam along is nice too

Just a regular guy
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your favorite camping item you bring in your bus? Reply with quote

Looks like the later better looking version? Or is it the other way round?

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:00 am    Post subject: Re: What's your favorite camping item you bring in your bus? Reply with quote

otiswesty wrote:
Bringing the fam along is nice too

Totally awesome.
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your favorite camping item you bring in your bus? Reply with quote

[quote="vwwestyman"]I've become a fan of the Ryobi brand 18 volt battery-operated tools.

I haven't needed to try it yet, but I've read about people using the batteries to charge up a flat car battery. Ryobi doesn't make a booster pack to use with the batteries, but the person said he held the jumper cables to the positive and negative sides of the battery and it worked OK.

This saved me yesterday. I had actually rigged up an old single battery charge top to slide over the battery that I attached some clips to. this was made after reading this post long ago. not even a click from the bus battery, hooked up the Ryobi, jumped in, and she fired right up. soooo sweet not having to deal with getting a jump in a tiny camp lot. You know I was backed into it.
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: What's your favorite camping item you bring in your bus? Reply with quote

alman72 wrote:
vwwestyman wrote:
I've become a fan of the Ryobi brand 18 volt battery-operated tools.

I haven't needed to try it yet, but I've read about people using the batteries to charge up a flat car battery. Ryobi doesn't make a booster pack to use with the batteries, but the person said he held the jumper cables to the positive and negative sides of the battery and it worked OK.

This saved me yesterday. I had actually rigged up an old single battery charge top to slide over the battery that I attached some clips to. this was made after reading this post long ago. not even a click from the bus battery, hooked up the Ryobi, jumped in, and she fired right up. soooo sweet not having to deal with getting a jump in a tiny camp lot. You know I was backed into it.

That's great! I'm glad my post was able to help someone out. I still haven't tried it yet, but I saved an extra battery charger to cut up to make a connector at some point.

I bet you could make a connector to plug into the cigarette lighter to use in a pinch. I once drove a car a couple hundred miles with a marine battery sitting on the floor, feeding power into the lighter socket. Serpentine belt had broken late at night in desolate eastern Colorado late on a Sunday night and I had to get back for a job interview.

President, Wild Westerner Club

1978 Champagne Edition Westy, repowered to '97 Jetta TDI
1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing

Last edited by vwwestyman on Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:28 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
otiswesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: What's your favorite camping item you bring in your bus? Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:

Totally awesome.

Different busses, same kids, and same Mexican peninsula

Just a regular guy
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:00 am    Post subject: Re: What's your favorite camping item you bring in your bus? Reply with quote

otiswesty wrote:
Abscate wrote:

Totally awesome.

Different busses, same kids, and same Mexican peninsula

Dad, when we grow up can we ask for directions?

No, son, we don't do that.....
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: