Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

New (Old) Bug owner 1974 Super beetle Karmann question
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
AngieB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: New (Old) Bug owner 1974 Super beetle Karmann question Reply with quote

The sopranos.. my all time fav show! I wish.

I do have a question... what was the last year for air cooled? Or are they all air cooled? I mean the new ones are obviously not.

Thanks everyone for the support it’s been a hard summer
Tim Donahoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: New (Old) Bug owner 1974 Super beetle Karmann question Reply with quote

Air-cooled German was the 1979-80 models. Mexico also made them through 2003-4.

Tim

Richard O'Brien
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: New (Old) Bug owner 1974 Super beetle Karmann question Reply with quote

AngieB wrote:
The sopranos.. my all time fav show! I wish.

I do have a question... what was the last year for air cooled? Or are they all air cooled? I mean the new ones are obviously not.

Thanks everyone for the support it’s been a hard summer

I believe you are referring to last US aircooled bug. But if you want the details of all aircooled bugs heres a Wikipedia link. Fun fact about Porsche. Alot of people don't know last air cooled Porsche was 1998 model year 993 series. Hope you get your bug back soon.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Beetle

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
lovethatconvertible
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: New (Old) Bug owner 1974 Super beetle Karmann question Reply with quote

Hey Angie, we haven't forgot about you, Any updates you can throw our way?
AngieB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: New (Old) Bug owner 1974 Super beetle Karmann question Reply with quote

I’m still waiting for D-day. And then I should be getting her back. I guess he updates the points with a patronics kit, and fixed the ignition. I’m thankful for the dry storage at this point. I will have her this summer. Smile
Tim Donahoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: New (Old) Bug owner 1974 Super beetle Karmann question Reply with quote

Good luck. Geeze, how long does a divorce take in Washington?

Tim

Richard O'Brien
AngieB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: New (Old) Bug owner 1974 Super beetle Karmann question Reply with quote

It was scheduled for December 12 but was changed to Jan 17.. it takes forever. A long drawn out process.. he’s just now giving me some of my things back. But still refuses to pay child support. Anyway Charlotte should be up and running for quick trips to the store. I hope to get her tubes up and ready for a short trip to crater lake with John. I just don’t want to breakdown 😆
rockerarm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: New (Old) Bug owner 1974 Super beetle Karmann question Reply with quote

Tim Donahoe wrote:
Good luck. Geeze, how long does a divorce take in Washington?

Tim

Well, don't know what the laws are in OREGON but some states have a "cooling off period" of approx. six months (Calif) even on a basic dissolution of marriage. If children and/or property are involved then possibly longer if parties don't agree.
This divorce crap is a lane I have been down and don't wish for others to experience. Me being a new gov't employee and the ex going on public assistance ain't a pretty picture for all involved (me, ex, child, employer). But there is light at the end of the tunnel. Nowadays there are legal aid and support services for veterans experiencing these issues.
This is a google link:
https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=tt8...6FP3DLdikw

It would seem obvious that if the ex is refusing to provide support for his child the judge will see thru this very easily and establish an order for this. In Calif, for example, it is a criminal offense NOT to pay child support.

Angie, if you still need those Kadron air filter parts let me know and I get them to you, if this helps getting "Charlotte" road worthy.
Hoooah, NCO's Lead The Way.
AngieB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: New (Old) Bug owner 1974 Super beetle Karmann question Reply with quote

CHECK IT OUT!!!!
https://www.facebook.com/events/1160799040720175/

ILL BE HERE!! WITH CHARLOTTE!!!!!!

Event will be covered in HOT VW Magazine

We will be constantly updating this page with updates as they become available.

ANY VETERAN or ACTIVE DUTY MILITARY with valid ID will receive FREE general admission and reduced racing entry fee for this event

3rd Annual Bikes and Bugs and Imports
Show and Shine
1/8 mile drag racing
Swap meet
Raffles
Games
Beer garden

Gates open at 8am
General admission/ Pitpass
$12 adults
$6 kids 8-14
Free for kids under 8

Show and Shine Registration at 10am - 1 pm
Show and Shine Entry fee $10

Show and Shine starts at 12noon
Raffle drawings and giveaways during show and shine
Awesome awards and prizes
Show awards around 2:30-3pm

Drag Racing at 3pm on our 1/8 mile track at Coos Bay Speedway
Drag Race entry fee $35 for non military
Drag Race entry fee $25 for veterans and active duty military with valid ID

VW CLASS RACING
All VWs welcome type 1,2,3,4
Aircooled and Watercooled
Guaranteed payout

BIKE CLASS RACING
Bring your stock or built Harley's, Indians, Honda's, Kawasaki's, Suzuki's, etc. It doesn't matter how fast your bike is it matters how consistent you can race.
Guaranteed payout

IMPORT CLASS RACING
Bring your Hondas, Mitsubishis, Toyotas, Nissans, etc.
Guaranteed payout

Grudge racing permitted

Bracket style racing, so everyone has an equal chance to win! No matter how fast you are!

Each class will have awesome awards for the winners for both the show and shine and drag racing

SWAPMEET
10' x 10' space $20
10' x 20' space $30
Spaces will have to be reserved in advance.
Items to be sold will be limited to car and motorcycle parts and accessories and or related items, I.e. stickers, shirts hats, leathers,etc. This not a yard sale so yard sale type items will not be allowed

FREE DRY CAMPING permitted and encouraged.
Camping permitted Friday prior to event and also Saturday after event

FRIDAY NIGHT
STREET LEGAL DRAGS available if you need to tune your vehicle's the day before event.
$25 race fee which includes general admission
$12 general admission/ pit pass to watch.

All proceeds from the Show and Shine and the Raffle will be DONATED to a VETERAN ORGANIZATION

Hosted by https://www.facebook.com/bugmmracing/

Local VW Club Aircooled Hooligans of Coos County

Hosted by Coos County Bikers https://www.facebook.com/groups/COOSCOUNTYBIKERS/

Hosted by https://www.facebook.com/oregonconnectedtuners/
Tim Donahoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject: Re: New (Old) Bug owner 1974 Super beetle Karmann question Reply with quote

I went to the FB site, but I couldn't find exactly where the event will be held.

Tim

Richard O'Brien
AngieB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: New (Old) Bug owner 1974 Super beetle Karmann question Reply with quote

Coos bay Oregon Speedway. We are working on the official fliers now
AngieB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: New (Old) Bug owner 1974 Super beetle Karmann question Reply with quote

Hello family

Next week is D-day.
I’m hoping to get Charlotte back next week. I desperately need to find out what’s wrong with my seats. I think it’s missing a piece in the bottom of the legs, allowing it to slide back and forth. I of course can’t find a picture of them online or in the samba. I really want to drive it and am
In a mission this is MY AND JOHNS summer, and we will be in that car.

I’d i can’t find the missing piece or newer seats (no idea where to find decents for cheap) won’t be able to drive it at all

Thanks for the help and please send positive vibes for next weekend 🙏🏼
Tim Donahoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: New (Old) Bug owner 1974 Super beetle Karmann question Reply with quote

Can you describe the part that’s missing in the seats? What it does, exact location, etc.

Tim

Richard O'Brien
AngieB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:14 am    Post subject: Re: New (Old) Bug owner 1974 Super beetle Karmann question Reply with quote

The very bottom of the legs. I believe there is something that goes from the legs to the track to slide it.

Tim Donahoe wrote:
Can you describe the part that’s missing in the seats? What it does, exact location, etc.

Tim
Maddel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:43 am    Post subject: Re: New (Old) Bug owner 1974 Super beetle Karmann question Reply with quote

I'm not that familiar with post '72 seats but may be these diagrams help:

https://www.volkswagen-classic-parts.de/catalogues/Kaefer-1302-1303/html5.html#/772

https://www.volkswagen-classic-parts.de/catalogues/Kaefer-1302-1303/html5.html#/780
Tim Donahoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:54 am    Post subject: Re: New (Old) Bug owner 1974 Super beetle Karmann question Reply with quote

Angie, there are two white plastic runners that snap onto each of the rear legs of each seat. You need four in total. There is also a plastic pedestal piece for each seat. This last fits in the slot at the top of the pedestal.

Be careful when buying these somewhat inexpensive items. There are good ones and lousy ones. The lousy ones slip off the rear legs when attempting to install the seat in the runners. Very exasperating.

Wolfgang International here in Redding sells the good ones.

Tim

Richard O'Brien
AngieB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: New (Old) Bug owner 1974 Super beetle Karmann question Reply with quote

Yes thats what I think I need. Now I have some kind of idea. Maybe I can find them. I’ll get ahold of Wolfgang thank you!!!
❤️

Tim Donahoe wrote:
Angie, there are two white plastic runners that snap onto each of the rear legs of each seat. You need four in total. There is also a plastic pedestal piece for each seat. This last fits in the slot at the top of the pedestal.

Be careful when buying these somewhat inexpensive items. There are good ones and lousy ones. The lousy ones slip off the rear legs when attempting to install the seat in the runners. Very exasperating.

Wolfgang International here in Redding sells the good ones.

Tim
Tim Donahoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: New (Old) Bug owner 1974 Super beetle Karmann question Reply with quote

I’ve searched for a thread by a guy in this forum djkay (the name is similar). His thread shows where and how these set pieces fit.

If anyone knows what I’m talking about, can you please insert the url in this thread?

Tim

Richard O'Brien
Tim Donahoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: New (Old) Bug owner 1974 Super beetle Karmann question Reply with quote

Okay, I found djkeev.

Go to Search in this forum. Put this in the box: 1974 and newer Seat Guides, How to Install.

This shows what you need, Angie.

Tim

Richard O'Brien
Maddel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:07 am    Post subject: Re: New (Old) Bug owner 1974 Super beetle Karmann question Reply with quote

Tim Donahoe wrote:
Okay, I found djkeev.
Go to Search in this forum. Put this in the box: 1974 and newer Seat Guides, How to Install.

Here's the link: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...es+install
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Page 10 of 14

Jump to: