Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Porsche 356 Hardtop Speedster Roadster Cabriolet
Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rusty Tubs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject: Porsche 356 Hardtop Speedster Roadster Cabriolet Reply with quote

A customer in Arizona inquired about restoration rubber parts for his Astro Roadster hardtop. We had just sold a rare Plastic Dynamics and compared notes. Same top...but different seals and window configuration.
We agreed to share images and tips to help him restore his top.
This "How To" is the same process for most Speedster tops as well.
With so many different aftermarket suppliers back in the day, information is scarce. If you have any hardtop information...please share.

Plasticon, Plastic Dynamics, Glasspar, Astro, Glastra, etc.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Starbucket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Porsche 356 Hardtop Speedster Roadster Cabriolet Reply with quote

My dad had a 57 with factory hard top that he crashed three times the third time he rolled it down a cliff. The German body shop he went to could always beat it back into shape except the last time and they told him they had to glass the top to the body to make it look right. He said "No problem. The wife wont let me take it off anyway". One day a year later some guy stopped by and asked my dad if he would trade it for his one year old 62 coupe. My dad snapped it up he thought the guy was crazy. The funniest part of the story was 15 min.s later the guy was knocking on the door and asked my dad if he could have his spare fan belt out of the 62 as my dads flew apart a mile down the road. My dad told him he had never changed the belt since he bought the car. He still thought he got a great deal.
stcos85
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: Porsche 356 Hardtop Speedster Roadster Cabriolet Reply with quote

I have a 59 with a factory hardtop. If there is anything I can help you with let me know

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: