Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Save the Bus!
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
OldBayAlex
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject: Save the Bus! Reply with quote

I figured I would post this here, a good friend of mine, Andy Landers is a recording artist in Washington and he travels around in his trusty, rusty VW bus. He loves it, and it's become a part of his band in many ways.

He's come to a crossroads and feels he needs to sell it in order to make ends meet / have a more reliable form of transportation to & from shows. He would never ask for help, but his friends & fans are trying to come together to raise money so he doesn't have to sell his beloved "Eugene".

This family pumps an incredible amount of love into the world (seriously, his story is amazing). If anyone here in the VW community would want to contribute a few sheckels - here's his GoFundMe page. Hope it's okay i'm posting this here!

https://www.gofundme.com/6bpbz-save-the-bus
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Spike0180
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Save the Bus! Reply with quote

We here at thesamba, are here to help solve problems with VW's not wallets. Confused
Other cars: 2003 F150, 2003 Jetta GLI vr6-6sp

Sambastic: adj; the quality of being nit picky, elitist, expecting everyone to do things the way they believe is best with no regard to situation, "sambastic"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Save the Bus! Reply with quote

you're not trying to save the Bay, you're trying to save his lifestyle.

unless they sell it for scrap.. the bus will be saved. and go onto the next fanatic/owner/vanlifer
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Save the Bus! Reply with quote

Oh, a donation thread on TheSamba? TS Logo

Can I bold this: Popcorn ?
Robbie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Save the Bus! Reply with quote

OldBayAlex wrote:
Hope it's okay i'm posting this here!

Seems you skipped over a few parts of the forum rules.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
Wasted youth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Save the Ta Tas! Reply with quote

There are two young people in an orange Westy who I am now thinking about...

They wrote a book... Cool

ANYWAY... Andy, the goal for your friend is twenty large. For about half of that matched with sweat equity, he can have an extremely reliable and comfortable bus again. Also maintains his iconic ride, his image and originality.

Will he have to stop touring or get a loaner while his bus is renewed? Probably.

Last edited by Wasted youth on Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Save the Ta Tas! Reply with quote

Wasted youth wrote:

They wrote a book...

The L20A Chrome Yellow bus that they keep calling orange?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wasted youth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Save the Ta Tas! Reply with quote

asiab3 wrote:
Wasted youth wrote:

They wrote a book...

The L20A Chrome Yellow bus that they keep calling orange?

Yes! THAT one. Laughing Actually, I cannot recall if they are calling their bus orange, or if that was just me. Anyway, the orange is optimistic.
BUSBOSS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Save the Bus! Reply with quote

OldBayAlex wrote:

If anyone here in the VW community would want to contribute a few sheckels - here's his GoFundMe page.

A few sheckels = $20,000. Shocked
(sold - but not forgotten)
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:05 am    Post subject: Re: Save the Bus! Reply with quote

$20,000 would probably keep my fleet of old rigs running for at least 10-12 years at today's prices and 20,000 miles a year.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:11 am    Post subject: Re: Save the Bus! Reply with quote

This is why we can't have nice things, and why all the folks selling videos and " content" belong in the other Fora
Lil Lulu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:18 am    Post subject: Re: Save the Bus! Reply with quote

Go support my idealistic lifestyle. Jeez.

Did this myself in the 60s-70s. Never asked anyone else for a dime.

'72 Deluxe - Niagara Blue w/pastelwiess Camper Special 2L dual 40 Webers 002

'74 Hightop Weekender "Dixie" 1800 34 Del singles
lil-jinx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: Save the Bus! Reply with quote

Could of a least included a few pictures.
1968 Dune Buggy
1974 parts bus
A smart man learns from his mistakes,a very smart man learns from other's mistakes.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: Save the Bus! Reply with quote

Moved to off Topic, where all of these types of threads go
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Save the Ta Tas! Reply with quote

Wasted youth wrote:
ANYWAY... Andy, the goal for your friend is twenty large. For about half of that matched with sweat equity, he can have an extremely reliable and comfortable bus again.

But the additional "extra" money is needed for a constant supply of microbrews and organic veggie burritos. Thought you knew.
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Save the Bus! Reply with quote

Interesting. I wondered where they ended up after leaving his position as an Evangelical pastor in Iowa.
OldBayAlex
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Save the Bus! Reply with quote

Lol.

Okay, I made a goof posting in the wrong forum. But seriously - Andy's not looking for charity, never has. He's not even aware of the GoFundMe, this is just an effort from his family, friends & fans to keep his Bus as he is selling it - but I think that got lost by the nature of the replies.

I get it. Everyone's got our own bills and frankly you guys don't know him, just thought it would be a nice gesture to a fellow bus owner. Maybe not the appropriate forum.
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: Save the Bus! Reply with quote

so he's wanting money to buy a car. that's what i got from the gofu<kme description. how about getting some gigs? one wedding in may and $20 hats ain't gonna pay the bills.

maybe he should do another kickstarter campaign. i mean sheesh, he got over $80K there.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/567582528/andrew-landers-music/description
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Save the Bus! Reply with quote

I think the core issue here is this "go fund me" generation has rubbed many folks raw. 99.9% of the folks on this site work hard for what they have without asking others to help them with donations/handouts for their lifestyle choice.

I think there's PLENTY of appropriate times when a "go fund me" is appropriate and needed. This situation isn't one of them.

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
OldBayAlex
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: Save the Bus! Reply with quote

You seriously can't read can you.

HE'S NOT BEHIND THE GOFUNDME
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: