Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1969 L51K Chrome Blue Type 34
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Critter1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 2:41 am    Post subject: Re: 1969 L51K Chrome Blue Type 34 Reply with quote

What an awesome car! Congrats on this!! The Pedrini's look spot on too.
Evilgtiguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: 1969 L51K Chrome Blue Type 34 Reply with quote

That's a very nice looking Ghia! Congrats.
92 Nissan 240SX turbo
EasternNotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 3:58 am    Post subject: Re: 1969 L51K Chrome Blue Type 34 Reply with quote

Thanks guys- The wheels were put on temporarily at first but the handling and looks have grown on me.

Took a nice 2hr or so cruise on some back roads yesterday- car is such a pleasure to dive and where ever we stopped it surely drew some attention.

Got my first "unsafe at any speed" Corvair comment but the guy quickly realized it wasn't a Chevy.

Did some work on the car yesterday AM:

- checking pads I noticed thickness was very different between inner and outer, upon further inspection I realized the pistons were not working properly and also the rubber hoses had some cracks forming. I had new calipers for my 71 and rubber hoses as well- swapped everything out.

-Changed steering dampener and also went to Sachs shocks up front.

- Replaced rubber fuel hose from tank to metal line. Had that German cloth wrapped stuff which was petrified- Used Gates barricade which handles ethanol better

- Tracked down the dash noise - the speaker (looks like a replacement) is not in a bracket like I have seen in photos- it was loosely screed with 2 screws to where the bracket goes I think. It is just flopping around back there so I need to figure something out for that.

* all 4 ball joint boots are torn..looks like my next project
1969 Fastback
1989 Doka AFN TDI
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DONGKG
The Araneta Boys

Location: Cainta, Rizal, Philippines, "A Certified Type 3 and Karmann Ghia Maniac"

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 4:12 am    Post subject: Re: 1969 L51K Chrome Blue Type 34 Reply with quote

Wow, Amazing find! Congrats, Mate!

IMO: The Stock rims with the stock beauty rings and hubcaps ultimately sets its Awesome and timeless appeal!
'67 Splitty Bus
'65 beetle;'69 Country Buggy; '44 Kubelwagen (replica) TOOB MEMBER #20
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: