Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Engel is having a sale.
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
debbiej
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Engel is having a sale. Reply with quote

We ended up buying the dometic swing compressor type fridge/freezer to replace the 3 way fridge in our 95 rialta. But I got an email that Engel is having a 25-40% off sale on their fridges. just thought I'd pass it along.
bikes!
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Engle is having a sale. Reply with quote

Can you post a link to their sale site? Thanks!
debbiej
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: Engle is having a sale. Reply with quote

http://www.engelcoolers.com/?gclid=Cj0KEQiAuonGBRC...AmnT8P8HAQ
bikes!
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Engle is having a sale. Reply with quote

Thanks very much
cwparrott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: Engel is having a sale. Reply with quote

My Norcold is still working well in my 95 but who knows for how long. This looks like a nice replacement option. How does it look installed and did you have any issues getting it installed.
KindaHippyish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: Engel is having a sale. Reply with quote

GoWesty has some good pictures of how they put their Engel MT45 fridges into the Eurovans they sell: http://www.gowesty.com/vehicle-sales.php

Their pictures of the product itself are also better than what's on Engel's website: http://www.gowesty.com/product-details.php?v=&id=4091

It's an interesting note that GoWesty replaces the Norcold in every Eurovan Winnebago they sell with the Engel MT45. Could be to increase the sale price of each van since they also add in their fridge elimination kit, but still interesting.

I was planning at some point in the future to replace the Norcold with a Vitrifrigo, but now I'm thinking I'm going to go ahead and move forward with the MT45 thanks to this sale. And after thinking things over this weekend I would save time on the install, add some more storage, etc. while saving a few dollars.

Thanks for originally posting this debbiej!
1986 Vanagon GL Syncro 2.1L WBX 4SPD - RIP Sad
bikes!
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: Engel is having a sale. Reply with quote

Decided to get the MR040F-U1 rather than the MT45 GoWesty sells. The MR040F-U1 has an ABS plastic case which I think will work better for us since we're right on the coast (lots of salt air).
Sale price was 629 with free shipping.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: