Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

miss you guys
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
debbiej
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject: miss you guys Reply with quote

It's been a few years, and although I miss my westfalia, I miss you all more!
we do really enjoy our 95 rialta. old enough to be a little funky, big and comfy enough to never go back. so just a "hi" for old time sake

we have our rialta customized to suit us perfectly.
we took out fridge and put in a cabinet under the sink. we took out the car type of rear dinette seats and replaced with plywood based seats and upholstered cushions that make a very comfy, quickly folding out bed. we took out the 2nd row "companion" seats and recovered the floor with allure flooring in a grey wood tone. put the new dometic danfoss 12 volt chest fridge freezer under the window behind the drivers seat. put 2 narrow pantry cabinets under the window behind the front passenger seat. it has a lot of space and even though it is actually slower on hills than our westy, is just so nice to travel in!
AndyBees
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: miss you guys Reply with quote

On our numerous trips down through the years to Alaska, the northeast, the south and the west, we've seen a lot of Rialta's.

We were like you, we just never could justify a Westy. While on vacation out west in 1984 we made conversation with a couple of guys in an old square Chevy or Ford van at Zion NP, Utah. They were heading for Alaska.

So, on our return trip home, Alaska was on our mind. We set the summer of 1986 as our goal to head north. I looked at numerous options for a road vehicle. Keep in mind, no Internet in those days. Anyway, I settled on an 83 Tin-top. We purchased a nice tent, purchased a Mile Post and requested travel info from all the Canadian Provinces as well as Alaska.

We now pull a popup camper. It's nice to leave it in the campground and venture out.

Come back and see us... Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: miss you guys Reply with quote

I missed that you sold your Westy.
Last I knew you couldn't part with it.

Anyway, good to hear that all is well with you!
Now, one wonders......... where's Daisy these days??

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: