Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

It Was 40 Years Ago Today...
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
oscarsnapkin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: It Was 40 Years Ago Today... Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

...that my Bus rolled off the assembly line. This picture from December 2014 was taken the very first time the Bus had been driven since '99. I purchased it in April of '04 and owned it for over 10 years before ever driving it. It started out its existence as a California emissions Champagne Edition. I know it had also lived in Colorado for awhile in the mid 90's. Somehow it wound up on the east coast and I eventually purchased it for $100 through a craigslist ad. I'm proud of all the work I have put into it to make it a roadworthy vehicle. Without the help of samba members, Ratwell's site, and Colin I'd still be lost. Didn't get to take it for a birthday spin since it was 30 degrees and snowing here today. Yesterday was 65 and sunny so I was able to get a nice long drive in then. This Bus has probably seen a lot more of the country than I have, but I look forward to (hopefully) another 40 years of adventures that we'll have together. By then, we'll both be 80 and I'll probably have to hand it down to my kids. Thank you to everyone here for the years of help. Every time I'm behind the wheel I'm amazed that this thing is once again alive!

My BFF and co-pilot Yoshi, who I recently lost to lymphoma.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

"It’s so easy to laugh, it’s so easy to hate, it takes strength to be gentle and kind."
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: It Was 40 Years Ago Today... Reply with quote

Happy Birthday and just remember Dogs live forever

I've got two and three cats to ease the pain of the large empty nest
CarlosZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: It Was 40 Years Ago Today... Reply with quote

Happy belated birthday. My bus and I were also built/born in 1972, but it's a few months older than me. '72 is considered a bastard year of sorts, I guess I lucked out.
chabanais
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: It Was 40 Years Ago Today... Reply with quote

Nice to see it's still on the road.
zoobum
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: It Was 40 Years Ago Today... Reply with quote

Congrats!!! Hope you get more driving in for the summer!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: