Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Black is the new black... or, building my Tie Fighter.
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vwfye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Black is the new black... or, building my Tie Fighter. Reply with quote

Finally... everything worked... for 10 minutes. But at least the car runs and drives again. But again no right side signal lights.
The 10 minutes they worked were awesome!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Black is the new black... or, building my Tie Fighter. Reply with quote

So, what did you do?
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
vwfye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: Black is the new black... or, building my Tie Fighter. Reply with quote

It must be in the steering column.
My smoke and no start under the dash was a melted signal relay caused by my new to me right front turn signal housing base. Well, not exactly that... I installed said signal base with bulb that was in it. Ompketely my fault for not inspecting it first. The bulb that was in it was a single element and was causing a direct short! It makes me wonder if that is why the donor ended up in the parts yard. I didnt even think to look at the bulb that was in the housing since it was clean and i could see an element. Doh! Dual element should be in there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: Black is the new black... or, building my Tie Fighter. Reply with quote

vwfye wrote:
It must be in the steering column.
My smoke and no start under the dash was a melted signal relay caused by my new to me right front turn signal housing base. Well, not exactly that... I installed said signal base with bulb that was in it. Ompketely my fault for not inspecting it first. The bulb that was in it was a single element and was causing a direct short! It makes me wonder if that is why the donor ended up in the parts yard. I didnt even think to look at the bulb that was in the housing since it was clean and i could see an element. Doh! Dual element should be in there.

OK, so Jim was right about the wrong bulb up front. Sounds like you might need to replace the switch now that you've let out all of the magic smoke. Wink
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
vwfye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Black is the new black... or, building my Tie Fighter. Reply with quote

We replaced the melted relay and everything worked. Then it stopped on just the right side only, again. If the issue is in the column, i will just have to live with it.
blues90
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Black is the new black... or, building my Tie Fighter. Reply with quote

vwfye wrote:
We replaced the melted relay and everything worked. Then it stopped on just the right side only, again. If the issue is in the column, i will just have to live with it.

If you smoked the relay your are taking about the flasher , usually a fuse blows and if not it's either wired wrong and not fused , if so I would look at the contacts in the fuse box the relay plugs into. What year is this 71. It's either fuse 8 or 10.
vwfye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Black is the new black... or, building my Tie Fighter. Reply with quote

Finally got a break in the weather, so back after the electrical gremilns in the car today.
Should be drivong it again this afternoon. Woot!
vwfye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Black is the new black... or, building my Tie Fighter. Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

VWporscheGT3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Black is the new black... or, building my Tie Fighter. Reply with quote

wish we could thumbs up posts... nice picture

I like being wrong, Because, it is another opportunity to learn. If you stop learning from your mistakes than what is the point?

If you have any questions about Forged ICON 4032 VW pistons just shoot me a line.
QRP
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Black is the new black... or, building my Tie Fighter. Reply with quote

vwfye wrote:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I LIKE IT Cool
vwfye
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Black is the new black... or, building my Tie Fighter. Reply with quote

Thanks guys. That was at work today. Had the lot to myself
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Jump to:
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: