Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Talk about a good deal!
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
KollynnBlackpaw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject: Talk about a good deal! Reply with quote

So my mother works with a man who's just broken up with his girlfriend, and enjoys Volkswagens. Issue is, he had quite a few projects. At least one of which he'd not signed the title for. Long story short, she found it and signed it, somewhat "legally stealing" it. It's a 1970 Squareback, in (albeit very pale) Cobalt Blue it seems.

Well turns out she's now desperate for money and is selling the poor baby, and he's given me her number if I was interested. She wanted 650 for it, and instantly took my offer of 500. He looks solid and I've been told by the friend that he is fairly well.

Here's the deal though. Weber carb, stinger exhaust, racing pedal, nice steering wheel, newer interior. All kinds of goodies. She has no idea how cars work and what's what. Karma is biting her in the rear selling for just 500, when the carb alone is quite expensive. These will more than likely be going into my current 72 Square, unless this one is in better condition structurally.

I'm so excited to get it this Sunday. I will report back with photos and updates, maybe even a build thread. I know I need one, because I still know nothing about fixing my current cars, haha!

Last edited by KollynnBlackpaw on Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Talk about a good deal! Reply with quote

Single,center mounted 2 barrel Weber carburetor that sticks up above the engine lid is crappy! The same goes for the stinger exhaust & racing pedal. Twisted Evil
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KollynnBlackpaw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Talk about a good deal! Reply with quote

Mike Fisher wrote:
Single,center mounted 2 barrel Weber carburetor that sticks up above the engine lid is crappy! The same goes for the stinger exhaust & racing pedal. Twisted Evil

I'd never use a stinger, but the parts make up for the price of the car alone. Plus I might swap projects if it's in better condition than my '72 who's falling apart.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KollynnBlackpaw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Talk about a good deal! Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Here he is! This is "Blue²," the older brother to Blue, my 72 Squareback. He'll be used as parts, then parted out or sold. He's come with plenty of Empi parts and a Weber carb. He's been sitting since around 07, with his last parts bought around 05 (as far as I have receipts for.) His windows are poorly tinted, his floor is soaking wet and growing moss, his seat cover is... crusty. But he'll be good parts, and maybe even a resto job for someone else.

Live in Oregon and want him when I'm done with him? Shoot me a PM Smile It'll be a while till I've got everything off unless you want it so bad that you will help!

Parts I'll be yoinking are as follows:
*EMPI shifter
*EMPI (fuel pump? See engine photo)
*EMPI window cranks
*Weber carb
*Right front fender
*Hood
*Possibly trading wheels with my bug
*Antenna probably
*Possibly the passenger front seat, if it's decent.
*Trading hubcaps and headlight trim
*Trading door panels
*Probably more, including a bit of floor pan.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: