Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

shipping battery by air
Forum Index -> International Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
TSLAVO
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject: shipping battery by air Reply with quote

I am looking to buy a 6v optima battery online and get it shipped to Asia by air/courier. Anyone did that before? i am worry it will be held up due to IATA regulation, though i see some sellers in ebay do show shipping cost to Asia.

My last option will be to buy from WW regular 6v battery, to be shipped dry. I would perfer optima 6v if given an option.
GArBa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: shipping battery by air Reply with quote

you have to check with the shipping company which UN code applies to the specific type of battery you are going to ship. IIRC IATA restrictions are quite severe on lithium batteries, I can't remember how they are on wet cells but any shipper should be able to get you a quote based on the item description.
'22 type C1 T-Cross
'23 type AC3 Hyundai I10 (VW no longer makes small cars!)
-------------------------
moped:
'82 Benelli Magnum 3v
heimlich Premium Member
VWNOS.com

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: shipping battery by air Reply with quote

Buy it on ebay. If it doesn't make it make a claim. The shipper should let you know if they can't ship it.
5% Off your order with coupon code: 5%OFF
Restored Distributors Available (<--Click here)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TSLAVO
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:24 am    Post subject: Re: shipping battery by air Reply with quote

tried with few sellers, all turned it down. Managed to get a 6v from BBT belgium, ship by sea, not an optima though.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> International All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: