Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Are these the right model A rims to get for my volksrod?
Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrisarnt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:44 am    Post subject: Are these the right model A rims to get for my volksrod? Reply with quote

I have a long term goal of building a volksrod: Chopped, slammed, rear clipped, beam extended, spoked wheels, smooth inner fenders, chromed engine with a stinger and some bucket lights.

I know it's cliche, but I want one anyway.
This is a long term goal and will likely end up buying some aborted project.

Are these the right wheels to get? I know I will need adapters and spacers. But these are in really nice shape and the price is right. Also, they have rubber. Not great rubber but enough to get it rolling.

They Model A are 21" diameter and 4.4" wide. My plan is to oversize the rear tires to tilt the car forward and down. I might need to put these in the back and get some 16" for the front to accomplish that.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
retterath
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Are these the right model A rims to get for my volksrod? Reply with quote

If you like them, can afford them, and have somewhere to store them without tripping over them, go for it.
VintageVulture
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Are these the right model A rims to get for my volksrod? Reply with quote

Those are really narrow and 19" or so... Hot rodders typically go w later spoke rims from 32's thru 35 or soo.... Theyre wider and 16" typically
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
HeidelbergJohn4.0
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: Are these the right model A rims to get for my volksrod? Reply with quote

IIRC the real issue with with the rear of the hubs. The ones people had problems with aren't flat and don't sit flush with the hubs.
Machette Speedster
2012 Passat TDI SE (sadly sitting in a buyback parking lot somewhere waiting for it's heart to be ripped out.)
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: