Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

My first bug
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
matthew954
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: My first bug Reply with quote

I spoke to a mechanic who works on aircooled VW engines, and coindicentallly the guy who normally worked on the car. He told me my oil leak is likely from a bad valve cover gasket. So I think thats my next project. Then a LED headlight upgrade so it'll pass inspection. The one light bulb is currently out (high beam still works though).
matthew954
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: My first bug Reply with quote

But as far as manuals, I have a Haynes and a Chiltons manual. I've been reading them left and right looking up what goes where and how parts work. I've been looking up some of the other books at Amazon.
gingergypsy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: My first bug Reply with quote

matthew954 wrote:
But as far as manuals, I have a Haynes and a Chiltons manual. I've been reading them left and right looking up what goes where and how parts work. I've been looking up some of the other books at Amazon.

the bentley manual is considered by most to be the VW bible of sorts. I'm sure the diversity will be nice.

Currently residing in yosemite valley with Elizabeth, if you are in the park come say hi!
matthew954
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: My first bug Reply with quote

A couple of books I've been looking at are these two:

[urlhttps://www.amazon.com/Keep-Volkswagen-Alive-Step-Step/dp/1566913101/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1490715522&sr=8-3&keywords=classic+vw+beetle+books[/url]

[urlhttps://www.amazon.com/Rebuild-Volkswagen-air-Cooled-Engine-models/dp/0895862255/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1490715522&sr=8-6&keywords=classic+vw+beetle+books[/url]
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: