Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

AA 40 idf carbs ?
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
kokanee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject: AA 40 idf carbs ? Reply with quote

Is the AA 40 idf carbs a rebranded empi. I have seen some and not to sure who makes them.I have been looking to upgrade from the ict 34s I have on my 1776. I know i should get real webers or dells but all the ones i have found around here have been sitting for along time and they still want $600 for them. Would you recommend them any help would be appreciated
77charger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: AA 40 idf carbs ? Reply with quote

I had the first gen empis and they were fine but main use in a sand rail.I ended up having probs with the cold start jets sticking and causing it to run rich as well as the throttle shafts geting a lil loose from sand.

I ended up buying the version 2.0s when they came out which does not have the cold start jet passages and been really happy with these so far.The jetting i only had to change the mains to a 145 for my engine.they had 200 airs and 55 idles.

I would recomend these carbs.
Auto linea alm case,82 dpr crank wedgemated by DK machine
cb 5.4 h beams,12 pound DPR f/w,Slr xv294cam,cb straight cuts,hpmx 44s,40x35 heads ported by brothers machine
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: AA 40 idf carbs ? Reply with quote

They could be made by Decade, or just another copy out of the Chinese factory that makes them. Don't know how much cheaper they are than EMPI HPMX carbs, but I would spring the extra money for the EMPIs. They are very good carbs.

brad
kokanee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: AA 40 idf carbs ? Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies they are 560 for the deluxe kit they have the velocity stacks and offset manifolds
icemanhd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: AA 40 idf carbs ? Reply with quote

I have sold many sets of the AA 40 and 44 IDFs, my opinion/theory is there is 1 factory in China that produces the 3rd gen HPMXs and AA carbs. No differences between the two, I have sold 15 sets of the AA dual IDF kits in the Seattle area and had good feedback but only sell the AA kits with offset manifolds.
76 912E
87 911 Carrera
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kokanee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: AA 40 idf carbs ? Reply with quote

Your ad on Craigslist is the reason I asked the I just have never seen them before and was looking for feedback thanks
kokanee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: AA 40 idf carbs ? Reply with quote

I misquoted the price it's 580
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: AA 40 idf carbs ? Reply with quote

arnt the empis cheep enough?? mine have worked awesome for....13 or more years now...crap Im getten old.
kokanee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: AA 40 idf carbs ? Reply with quote

If I found some with the offset manifolds I would buy empi as well.
KIM-P.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: AA 40 idf carbs ? Reply with quote

I got my HPMX Deluxe carbs from CarCraft, they advertise in HotVW mag. I think I paid $560 for mine and they came with the offset manifolds and the aluminum hex linkage. Got them a couple of years ago and have been very pleased with them. I did upgrade the internal filters to the better weber filter/screens because the HPMX filters tore and clogged my jets, partly due to me not flushing my fuel lines first.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: