Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Is there a one click/one stop online solution to refesh my ...
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dawerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject: Is there a one click/one stop online solution to refesh my ... Reply with quote

Bay Window vacuum hoses and fuel lines? I want to pull the engine and refresh it in one go but there is so many itty bitty parts etc. Or something close to it?

(Fuel injected, early 1975, probably some hackaboos in it). Also engine has an intake leak for sure somewhere.
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there a one click/one stop online solution to refesh my ... Reply with quote

www.germansupply.com offers kits, and in Canada too, but Scott has been experiencing some shipping delays lately so talk to him on the phone and confirm availability before ordering.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
dawerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there a one click/one stop online solution to refesh my ... Reply with quote

Awesome! Thanks, I forgot about German Supply!
jtauxe Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there a one click/one stop online solution to refesh my ... Reply with quote

I second GermanSupply. Indeed, Scott can assemble exactly what you need. Definitely worth having him do it, since some bits are tricky to find, and in your situation, you may not even know what to look for.
1969 Transporter, 1971 Westfalia, 1976, 1977, 1976, 1977, 1971, 1973, 1977 Westfalias,
1979 Champagne Sunroof, 1974 Westfalia Automatic, 1979 Transporter, 1972 Sportsmobile, 1973 Transporter Wild Westerner, 1974 Westfalia parts bus
, 1975 Mexican single cab *FOR SALE*, 1978 Irish 4-door double cab RHD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there a one click/one stop online solution to refesh my ... Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=158895

I'd read the last 10 pages before making your decision to use them and then ask yourself..

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dawerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there a one click/one stop online solution to refesh my ... Reply with quote

I guess there's no easy way out Smile I did find this great site;
http://ratwell.com/technical/FuelHoses.html#fi

And I will just source the parts myself, seems cheaper and more fun.
Hoody
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there a one click/one stop online solution to refesh my ... Reply with quote

That is a great site! Scott has some of the original small FI hoses he sells in kits. FWIW I have dealt with him for 10 years and never had an issue. For fuel line go with FI Gates barricade. For clamps go with ABA. For the 3 bent hoses buck up and go with GEEBEE. His hoses are not cheap but they fit correctly and will last forever. If your trying to save cash the L shaped hose can be found through Gates. There is a thread on this hose. My advice is to get them all from GEEBEE. He doesn't sell them anymore but a parts place sells them on his behalf. Can't remember who now sells them but someone will chime in. You definitely want to get the decel valve to S boot and the one from the AAR from him.
dawerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there a one click/one stop online solution to refesh my ... Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?username=GEEBEE

Just so it's in one spot Smile
Hoody
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there a one click/one stop online solution to refesh my ... Reply with quote

Thanks for posting that. You will need hose 1 3 and 4. 2 is specific to a Vanagon. This guy has taken the time to reproduce hoses that were NLA for 20 years. His hoses are absolutely bullet proof and his attention to detail is unprecedented. You can have the hose that I bought years ago from very reputable venders.....the small one with a minor but critical bend. It's a total joke....does not come close to fitting and the ID is way off. Don't waste your money. GB's hoses are spot on.
zh007
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: Is there a one click/one stop online solution to refesh my ... Reply with quote

I bought the GermanSupply fuel line kit. Great kit. Unfortunately, it only took me 3-1/2 months and nine emails to get it all. If you don't mind having the responsibility to repeatedly follow up on things, then go for it. I have no doubt that Scott is "honest." I truly mean that. It's just that the service I received from his shop on my first and last order was of a much lower level than I'm accustomed to.

If I had to do it again, I'd probably follow the aforementioned advice and call GermanSupply first to make sure that everything was in stock, then order, and cross my fingers.
Hansolo99
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: Is there a one click/one stop online solution to refesh my ... Reply with quote

I bought a kit and it is really nice. I do agree that it is a chore to get your stuff and I like others never heard back from them and no merchandise!

I started a dispute with PayPal-I got my stuff about 5 days later with them emailing me to PLEASE cancel the dispute. Word of advise, use PayPal......

There stuff is nice and complete.
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: Is there a one click/one stop online solution to refesh my ... Reply with quote

IDK,

There's far too many vendors out there that have a little thing called customer service and communicate with the folks that are supporting their business. Scott's feedback thread speaks volumes about a very poorly run business.
Why support a business that can't answer their phone nor reply to a email enquiry about the status of an order? That's simply madness in my mind.

I "tried" to use Scott just once before knowing his poor business practices. My one order took over a month to get. These were simple, common parts I ordered that should of been in stock. Multiple emails and phone messages were never returned. Ironically at the time, Scott was posting on The Samba on a regular basis but apparently couldn't be bothered to return business emails. Finally, the poorly packaged box arrived.

Personally, I'd sell my VW's before having to deal with and support a crappy, poorly run businesses like German Supply.

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: Is there a one click/one stop online solution to refesh my ... Reply with quote

wcfvw69 wrote:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=158895

I'd read the last 10 pages before making your decision to use them and then ask yourself..

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I do, because he only has four cylinders, let alone 5 or 6..

"Nobody puts ketchup on a hot dog...."
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: