Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Interior Replacement for 69 Ghia
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
UberRobot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject: Interior Replacement for 69 Ghia Reply with quote

My red 69 Ghia came with a very plain black vinyl replacement interior. It's in good shape but it's cheap materials that look cheap. I'd like to upscale the interior at some point and move it to a (mostly) slate or beige interior.

Has anyway found a great vendor for great interior replacement parts? I'll be in Los Angeles in May and could visit vendor stores if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks for any advice and suggestions.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CiderGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: Interior Replacement for 69 Ghia Reply with quote

Search the forum, there is a lot of information here. If you don't find your answer then ask your question.

1970 Karmann Ghia Coupe
1973 Karmann Ghia Coupe - Project car for sale
1970 Karmann Ghia Convertible (Body off restoration)

Timing is everything
kingkarmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Interior Replacement for 69 Ghia Reply with quote

If your going to LA perhaps you can work in a visit to West Coast Classic Restorations.
http://www.classicvws.com/index.htm
I bought a carpet kit from them and they are known for some pretty impressive interior work.

Mike Gerson

What is your "Bespoke Reality"?
rcooled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Interior Replacement for 69 Ghia Reply with quote

Contact Sewfine in Colorado. They can make up custom seat covers and door panels, using quality materials, in almost any design & color combo you can come up with.
http://www.sewfineproducts.com/

For carpet, I'd recommend Newton Commercial in England. Their 'narrow weave' style is very similar to the OEM carpet found in a '69 Ghia, as well as being less costly than square weave.
http://www.newtoncomm.co.uk/cars/vw-karmann-ghia/model-127/

Sewfine made the seat covers for both my Ghia and Beetle, and Newton provided the carpet for the Ghia ↓

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

'69.5 Ghia convertible and
'62, '63, '65, '69 Bugs (all long gone)
57BLITZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Interior Replacement for 69 Ghia Reply with quote

On the other hand, if you go with a TMI carpet kit, be prepared . . . .
For my '68, I needed to send one of the pieces back to TMI because it did not have binding along one of the exposed edges!

Then . . . you will need to figure out how to deal with the UNFINISHED front heater outlets . . .

As supplied from TMI . . .

After spending considerable time on them to avoid an ugly, frayed opening . . . .

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: