Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Will a NOS door fit
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Breadbox71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Will a NOS door fit Reply with quote

I have a couple of creases and dents but the majority is on the drivers door and deck lid. I hear people say buy a NOS door and it will fit exactly like the last door or it wont fit at all and wont close and work properly. I was wondering if anyone knew any NOS doors that fits(or if anyone is selling a door pm me)?
chrisflstf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Will a NOS door fit Reply with quote

First, what vehicle do you have? Dents and creases wont necessarily affect door fit, in terms of door gaps. I would not assume a truly NOS door is bad or wont fit. More likely the car is the problem. If you are talking about an aftermarket part, then all bets are off
Joseph DR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:56 am    Post subject: Re: Will a NOS door fit Reply with quote

Also, if the vehicle was in a wreck, even a very minor bump, quarter panels could be off by a bit. This will make any door not fit properly.

My passenger side door needs shims to compensate for too tight of a gap at the hinge because of a fender bender in its past life.
Breadbox71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Will a NOS door fit Reply with quote

A 1971 bus and the body is in good shape around the door and the hinges aren't damaged its just the door and where can I buy a good NOS door
Joseph DR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Will a NOS door fit Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php...words=door
DuaneL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Will a NOS door fit Reply with quote

you do realize nos stands for new old stock(old but never used), so the chance of actually finding a nos body part for a 46 year old vehicle is slim to none (yes you can find some nos parts but not usually body parts). you can find reproductions or used though
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Joseph DR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Will a NOS door fit Reply with quote

DuaneL wrote:
you do realize nos stands for new old stock(old but never used), so the chance of actually finding a nos body part for a 46 year old vehicle is slim to none (yes you can find some nos parts but not usually body parts). you can find reproductions or used though

Yeah, that's why I posted the classifieds link. That's his best bet.
Breadbox71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Will a NOS door fit Reply with quote

My bad i'm new to the VW world, i'm not worried with making it all original so are their any quality reproduction doors.
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Will a NOS door fit Reply with quote

NO VW reproduction doors of any kind except maybe new KlassicFab door skins? I think they make/sell new split window door skins, but not Bay window? Ask the bodyman/painter if he wants a different used door, if you ever hire one?
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: