Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

I need a Syncro Diesel/ Electrical Guru
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
?Waldo?
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: I need a Syncro Diesel/ Electrical Guru Reply with quote

I made a typo before. The number of bracket mounting bolts on the AAZ is three, not two. They are under the pump and go through the bracket to mount it to the block.
Team WorldTour
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: I need a Syncro Diesel/ Electrical Guru Reply with quote

Cool. I'll check it out in the morning.
Thanks again, Mate.
WV2ZZZ25ZFH094138(x)/ WV2YB0257LH057308(x)/ WV2ZZZ25ZLG113270/
"Where am I going? And what am I doing in this handbasket?" -Nicodemus Jordan
When All Else Fails: Lather, Rinse, Repeat!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vandoka
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: I need a Syncro Diesel/ Electrical Guru Reply with quote

I just picked up a doka with the 1.6 turbo diesel and am having similar symptoms as Team World Tour. After driving for only 10 minutes on a mild day the fan runs for 20-30 minutes after the engine is off. Wondering if the relay on top of the fan (part #27 in the posted diagram) is the best place to start troubleshooting this issue?
ZsZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:36 am    Post subject: Re: I need a Syncro Diesel/ Electrical Guru Reply with quote

As told, both the aux. coolant pump and fan are switched on by a thermoswitch marked F95 on the circuit diagram. It should be present at the coolant flange at the end of the cylinder head.
It switches on at 102C coolant temp in 2wd I think its the same switch on syncro.

There are two versions:

early for enginees with metal flange. Partnr: 251 919 521
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

https://www.volkswagen-classic-parts.de/temperaturschalter-d5a811.html

and late for engines with plastic flange. Partnr: 251 919 369 F

https://www.tk-carparts.de/article/3795/Temperaturschalter_20_mm_97_104_Grad_2_polig.html
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Team WorldTour
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:07 am    Post subject: Re: I need a Syncro Diesel/ Electrical Guru Reply with quote

vandoka wrote:
Team World Tour

Team WorldTour. It's not a typo.
Just an FYI. Cool
WV2ZZZ25ZFH094138(x)/ WV2YB0257LH057308(x)/ WV2ZZZ25ZLG113270/
"Where am I going? And what am I doing in this handbasket?" -Nicodemus Jordan
When All Else Fails: Lather, Rinse, Repeat!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vandoka
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: I need a Syncro Diesel/ Electrical Guru Reply with quote

ZsZ,

Thanks for the helpful part numbers and links to diagrams on the Classic Parts sites. After following the diagrams I removed what I thought to be the temp. sensor but of course it looks unlike the two parts you have shown....
although it seemed to fit with the diagram location. Can you identify this and possibly point me in the right direction Wink
ZsZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: I need a Syncro Diesel/ Electrical Guru Reply with quote

vandoka wrote:
ZsZ,

Thanks for the helpful part numbers and links to diagrams on the Classic Parts sites. After following the diagrams I removed what I thought to be the temp. sensor but of course it looks unlike the two parts you have shown....
although it seemed to fit with the diagram location. Can you identify this and possibly point me in the right direction Wink

Looks like a manifold heater switch switches on at 65C

EDIT: this switch is a normally open switch so it opens at 65C while the others are closing at 100/102/104C

035 919 369
035 919 369 C

https://www.brickwerks.co.uk/manifold-heating-switch-t3-1-9-wbx-early-premium.html

Altough there is a similar older style 100C switch with one connector so I am not sure if early syncros had switches with two connectors.

251 919 521

https://www.brickwerks.co.uk/coolant-temp-switch-t3-td-aux-water-pump-early-100-c.html

Maybe PO could get only the manifold heater switch. Who knows.

Are there any letters or nrs stamped onto your switch?

EDIT nr 2:

Ive found several similar looking switches used in rabbit/cabby etc
035919369D (25°C)
027919369B (45°C)

http://www.cabby-info.com/electrical.htm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ZsZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:40 am    Post subject: Re: I need a Syncro Diesel/ Electrical Guru Reply with quote

found this article:
http://www.charlie-o.de/index.php?article_id=322

which shows that thermoswitch present in the flange which is at the side of the engine under the injectors

so I got confused where it should be present, Mine was in the flange at the end of the block the online ETKA shows the switch in the side flange

the color of the wire that switches the fan and the aux pump (through the relay in the relay box) is brown with red tracer

the temp sender for glow plug has a blue wire with white tracer and the temp gauge sender has yellow wire with red tracer

EDIT (again Smile ) further ETKA investigation tells that the manifold heater switch is present in JX at the end of the head when additional WEBASTO DBW46 heater is present Smile
vandoka
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: I need a Syncro Diesel/ Electrical Guru Reply with quote

ZsZ thanks for all the great info. At this point I tested the thermo sensor and it is functioning properly. And you were right that my truck does have the webasto heater (which does not really work right now) But after driving the truck this morning for 30 minutes I got the blower fan to start. With the truck turned off I removed the relay shown in your linked document and the blower continued to run. So I believe the issue is not with the thermo sensor or relay but somewhere else...?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: