Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Hex Bar Throttle Linkage Ball Bearing Adapter-Testing
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
glutenfree
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject: Hex Bar Throttle Linkage Ball Bearing Adapter-Testing Reply with quote

So, apparently I have the more preferred "offset" CBP? Dellorto FRD air cleaners which allow for the throttle linkage hex cross bar to rest perpendicular to the crabs (straight across) unlike the other brand cleaners.
I had designed/developed a set of adapters that would allow the use of these ball bearing adapters found in the classifieds to fit my type 3 engine running Dellorto FRD-34B carbs...

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1444526
(I am in contact with the owner of this ad and we will be working on a deal once testing & revisions are completed)

I would like to offer up 1 set of my 3d printed adapters for testing to a fellow type 3 owner here on thesamba. I am not asking for any money, although you will need to provide me with a shipping label or you can meet me in the Portland, Oregon area to pick up the kit. Everything will fit in a small flat-rate box. You may choose to keep the alpha test set or pass it on to a fellow thesamba member.

All I ask in return is an honest review with constructive feedback. Eventually these adapters will be milled/CNC'd from billet aluminum but for testing, they are 3d printed copies to keep costs down.

If interested, please post up here with a picture of your engine in need of these adapters.

Thanks!

Morgan

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

my Shapeways store
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
70type3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Hex Bar Throttle Linkage Ball Bearing Adapter-Testing Reply with quote

Id love to try a set out.

70' T3 Fastback
74 Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Hex Bar Throttle Linkage Ball Bearing Adapter-Testing Reply with quote

Interested
bkeith85
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Hex Bar Throttle Linkage Ball Bearing Adapter-Testing Reply with quote

If you haven't found any takers in the 1+ year since you posted, here's my engine that I could test them on:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

My carb kit and linkage are like new, so if I could tell an improvement, that would be impressive.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: