Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Brake fluid corrosion/master cylinder leak
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
MConstable
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:04 am    Post subject: Brake fluid corrosion/master cylinder leak Reply with quote

Two quick questions...I found out that my master cylinder leak is coming from the rear side fitting (three wires attaching there), is this a master cylinder replacement fix?
Also, I need to clean up the corrosion where it's been spraying around and rust bullet/ master series it or something along those lines, any advice on that?
Thanks!
Ron Domeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: Brake fluid corrosion/master cylinder leak Reply with quote

I think you have a bad brake light switch.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
911pickup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: Brake fluid corrosion/master cylinder leak Reply with quote

Try tightening it to see if that stops the leak.
Is there a brake line fitting directly above the brake line switch? On mine I thought the brake line switch was leaking, but it was the fitting above it that was leaking. I tightened mine more and that stopped the leak.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MConstable
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:01 am    Post subject: Re: Brake fluid corrosion/master cylinder leak Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies...I'll dig into it tonight hopefully.
If it is the switch itself, does the new one screw in dry or do I use a sealant?
911pickup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: Brake fluid corrosion/master cylinder leak Reply with quote

I just replaced my entire braking system on my dune buggy, including a new master brake cylinder and the switch you're having trouble with. Everything was screwed in dry.
MConstable
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Brake fluid corrosion/master cylinder leak Reply with quote

Thanks again!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: