Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

broken sliding door window
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
eugenesantos
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: broken sliding door window Reply with quote

I got a 2003 Eurovan MVC with a broken sliding window on the passenger slider door. The window has a screen. The stationary window is fine. A few questions.

1. Are non-screen windows compatible with my model? I have found sliding windows, but not one with a screen.

2. Can I replace just the window or do I have to replace the whole window unit?

Been looking here on Samba, eBay, and calling junkyards, etc. Any leads are appreciated.

Thanks.
mvaska
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:14 am    Post subject: Re: broken sliding door window Reply with quote

I _believe_ that the only difference between screened and non-screen sliding window glass is the location of the release. I'll measure both tomorrow and confirm. If true then you could get any GLS/MV sliding glass (fairly easy to find) and just epoxy the release back to the correct location.
eugenesantos
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: broken sliding door window Reply with quote

mvaska, that would be good news. Thanks for looking into it.
rcowan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: broken sliding door window Reply with quote

Westy windows pane width is different than MV/GLS windows. Take a look at images of westy vs MV/GLS and it will become very obvious to you. I never noticed until ours broke also. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rcowan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: broken sliding door window Reply with quote

I ended up buying an MV slider since it fits the door, just to block the hole until I could get a westy slider. The overall dimensions are the same. I still have the MV slider if you are interested.....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
57 Zwitter?
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: broken sliding door window Reply with quote

If you get a complete Westy weekender window assy. I will buy your good stationary pc of glass. I just broke my Weekender stationary pc of glass (drivers side) and have a good sliding pc. Let me know. Thanks!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: