Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

North Houston
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
i_luv_my_bus76
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: North Houston Reply with quote

I was sent to North Houston for 6 days by my job...does anyone one know of any good vw parts stores or wrecking/salvage yards I can go digging thru?
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: North Houston Reply with quote

I would try to contact Samba member Mr. Duncan, he would know this and he would help.

Last edited by Zundfolge1432 on Mon May 01, 2017 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total
heimlich Premium Member
VWNOS.com

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: North Houston Reply with quote

The only new parts shop and VW specific is http://www.karparts.net/

The owner's name is Kermit. He's up by IAH (airport).

BAP Geon sells parts as well but they are not VW specific. There are a few locations in Houston.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
aja8888
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: North Houston Reply with quote

No current, large wrecking yards on the north side of Houston. Land is too valuable in the Spring/Woodlands area.
HoustonPhotog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: North Houston Reply with quote

kawfee wrote:
The only new parts shop and VW specific is http://www.karparts.net/

The owner's name is Kermit. He's up by IAH (airport).

BAP Geon sells parts as well but they are not VW specific. There are a few locations in Houston.

thats pretty much it here...

havent seen any older VWs in salvage yards here unfortunately.
Mr. Electric Wizard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: North Houston Reply with quote

aja8888 wrote:
No current, large wrecking yards on the north side of Houston. Land is too valuable in the Spring/Woodlands area.

I would consider Pinemont Auto Salvage to be NW Houston.
That yard had a ton of stuff when I was last (probably 12 years ago).
Not sure if he's still there or not.
Salvage dudes are pretty weird though, and even though he's got stuff, it doesn't mean that he'll sell it to you.

(T)exas (C)oalition (B)uses
(H)eidenhammer (B)ully (B)oyz

--1966 De Luxe Camper
HoustonPhotog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: North Houston Reply with quote

Mr. Electric Wizard wrote:
aja8888 wrote:

Salvage dudes are pretty weird though, and even though he's got stuff, it doesn't mean that he'll sell it to you.

I went by there a couple of years ago and the asked to take a look around... Sometimes I don't know what I want until I see it. The owner said no. I explained I wanted to see if something jumped out at me and he still said no. I had a grand in my pocket ready to spend.. oh well. I don't refer anyone there and when someone mentions his place I explain what happened to me and tell them not to bother.

Last edited by HoustonPhotog on Thu May 04, 2017 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
heimlich Premium Member
VWNOS.com

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: North Houston Reply with quote

All of the salvage yards are actually in North Houston, mostly along North Shepard. If you find any Beetles there let us know.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bugoholics
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: North Houston Reply with quote

Bugoholics in Pasadena, TX 77503 - About 25 minutes from downtown Houston.

We carry new and used parts for Type 1 vehicles. Come check out our showroom!

Facebook.com/Bugoholics

It's not just a job, it's an addiction!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Joseph DR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: North Houston Reply with quote

Johnny at VW Wizard in North Houston:

17598 FM 1485, New Caney, TX 77357

281-443-7390
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: North Houston Reply with quote

HoustonPhotog wrote:
aja8888 wrote:

I went by there a couple of years ago and the asked to take a look around... Sometimes I don't know what I want until I see it. The owner said no. I explained I wanted to see if something jumped out at me and he still said no. I had a grand in my pocket ready to spend.. oh well. I don't refer anyone there and when someone mentions his place I explain what happened to me and tell them not to bother.

They do have some stuff. The lady (I think daughter) seems nice and and answers questions quickly on FaceBook.

The old man is grumpy and I won't deal with him. They advertise old datsun and nissan truck parts, I ask about a part and he laughs and says good luck. Is that a no? No idea how they are even in business
63ziggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: North Houston Reply with quote

Pinemont still in operation. Bought couple seats within past 6 mths. prices were reasonable. dealt with them a couple times over the last 10 yrs prior to recent. not bad experience. He did let my son and I back in the lot then. Believe was on a Saturday. Have not tried since then. Maybe soft spot as my son was like 12 then and into the bug project.

one time before I was looking to buy seats from one of the "local" repair shops. Thought had settled on price over email. when I showed up, price changed. i left, called Pinemont. Got a price less than what I was willing to pay shop. Headed straight over. No hassle. Lets say I have avoided the shop since.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
heimlich Premium Member
VWNOS.com

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: North Houston Reply with quote

Thanks for that. He has quite a bit of stuff. I saw engines galore but he wouldn't sell me any.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: