Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Short?
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe 20
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Short? Reply with quote

My 73 has started blowing the number 1 fuse when I put my right turn signal on. Also the right brake light is out, even with a good fuse. Since they are both on the same circuit, can I assume that it is a short and a short most probably in the wire that supplies the power to that side (pod)? All wires look to be good but I haven't really gotten into it yet. Thank you in advance for any help. Very Happy
74 Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Short? Reply with quote

I would first check the bulb to verify if the filiment is ok.

Then I woiuld pull all wires to that fuse and attach one at a time until the fuse blows-then trace that circuit that caused the blown fuse.
citroen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: Short? Reply with quote

I would also check and make sure you don't have any water in the socket from a bad seal on the light that will also blow a fuse.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Joe 20
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Short? Reply with quote

Looked at it a little today. Brake light was just a loose wire... Turn signal bulb is good, still blows the fuse when right is used...have to check further.
rockerarm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Short? Reply with quote

Hi. Since the turn signal is at both the front and rear you might want to isolate the two areas (front and rear) to determine whether the short is front or rear. You may easily accomplish this at the light assemblies. If with both disconnected you still have a short you will probably have to access the wiring and emergency flasher switch within the dash area.
Hope this helps, Bill.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: