Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Pre-A Floor Pans
Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starkauto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:45 am    Post subject: Pre-A Floor Pans Reply with quote

Hi I have a 51 I am restoring and the front floor pan I have seems to be incorrect
it has the raised part in the centre for the gear select bracket but the seam/bulge ( reinforment rib) that runs across the car is too long ( 40mm to be exact) and the front section that meets the toe board is pressed more like an A,b,c models where they have a step up at the edge
the remains of my original pan are too far destroyed to make any comparison although the toe board is intact
Can anyone with an early Pre-A post pics of the floor where it meets the toe board please
Also has anyone else had this issue
the floor was purchased from Restoration designe and is listed as fitting 50-55
PD41
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Pre-A Floor Pans Reply with quote

https://stevehogueenterprises.com/project/53-porsche-coupe/
CA Lover
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Pre-A Floor Pans Reply with quote

Here is the solution i am also restoring i pre a and all the available metal was completely diffrent from the original part.
Brand new from simonson 356 panels in denmark they have the perfect parts
http://simonsen-356.dk/

see the pictures attached

i can not upload the fotos ????
if you are interested please send me an email

[email protected]
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Here are the fotos
James Davies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: Pre-A Floor Pans Reply with quote

None of the currently-reproduced floors are correct for a split-window car from 1951. The Restoration Design one is the best of the lot, but it is based on the 1952 bent-window floor, which has provision for RHD pedal placement on the right side of the car. The split-window 1951 floors do not have this feature.

The orange Simonsen floor is a disaster, as the round pockets for the pedal cluster are in the wrong spot and need to me moved. And the stamping is not the correct depth.

I would modify your existing Restoration Design floor to make it fit.

Or have Steve Hogue make you a floor.
James Davies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Pre-A Floor Pans Reply with quote

Here's a photo from a '51 cabriolet that was restored beautifully by Roger Bray's shop (I believe) in the UK. Let me know if you need more photos.

Mr. Okrasa Premium Member
Original Old Speed

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Pre-A Floor Pans Reply with quote

Here's my floorpan to my 1950 coupe. Notice that the 2 square pressings towards the toe boards are now there.
The pan was modified by Steve Hogue. Cheeers! Cool

See my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/okrasa/

1959 VW Karmann Ghia Coupe / Bamboo-Green / Denzel 1300cc / OG. owner, paint Wink

Denzel engine running. See this link: https://youtu.be/DgUlsQDTXTE

VW www.Okrasa.com
356 www.PreA356.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ensys
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Pre-A Floor Pans Reply with quote

Mr. Okrasa:

Just out of curiosity, I wonder; is there any piece of metal in the foto that was not recently fabricated?

S.J.Szabo
Simonsen 356 Panels
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: Pre-A Floor Pans Reply with quote

Hello 356 Friends,

my name is Torsten Walsdorff, i have taken over the Simonsen 356 Panels production 2 1/2 yeras ago now.

Here just a short introduction of myself.
I do restore rare classics in Germany since 30 years now, i have worked on several 356es and other Porsches through the years.
My main passion is the bodywork.

During my apprenticeship i was working in a shop, who did own the exclusive dealership for the Simonsen panels from Denmark.
So i know them since 30 yeras.

In those days the panels Thorkil Simonsen could offer as one of the first after Porsche did stop the fabrication, have been good for decades.

Now after his retiring and my takeover, a lot of improvements and settings have been required to match the actual value of the cars, and the required originality of the owners and last but not least my own claim to fabricate and serve you with really good and period correct panels.

So we have made a lot of settings through the last 2 and a half years, one major focus has been on the floorpans.

So far i know, some have been good, but nobody did fabricate them correct until now.

We have renewed the floor tooling and are able to fabricate different ones, correct in every detail for:
- early Pre-A, up to 5/52 which are crashbox equipped, (but with the two
round impressions on the front)
- later Pre-A 5/52 to 55
- T1
- T2
- T5
- T6/C

Because i am new in this forum, i am not able to send pictures at the moment, but they will follow.

if you have any further question, it would be a pleasure to help, or check out my instagram account, there are a lot of pictures of the parts, and our restoration work.
https://www.instagram.com/simonsen356panels/
Please feel free to contact me by mail under:
[email protected]

Thanks!

best regards,

Torsten

Torsten Walsdorff
Karosseriebau * Oldtimerrestauration
Simonsen 356 Panels
Werkstr. 2 * 91077 Neunkirchen a. Brand * Germany Tel. +49 9134 / 70 88 89 * Fax. +49 9134 / 70 88 08
www.torsten-walsdorff.de
www.simonsen-356.dk
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: