Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1965-1967 inside mirror with bent / curved arm
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
banana split
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: 1965-1967 inside mirror with bent / curved arm Reply with quote

Does anyone have any information on these mirrors? They are both 1965-1967 styles but they have a strange feature - a curved or bent mounting arm. I don't own these myself, I've just collected the photos off The Samba.
The first time I saw one I thought it was just a bent mirror but now that I've seen two and it makes me wonder if these are maybe original? Part number 113857511C is on the back of one.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Is it possible to bend the arm without breaking it? I always thought they were made from some type of cast or pot metal. Any thoughts?
1964 Chop Top
Digger89L
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: 1965-1967 inside mirror with bent / curved arm Reply with quote

I wonder if those are mirrors for a right-hand drive model Beetle? I've seen ones where the mounting plate, or shaft was snapped off ...looks like some kind of pot metal or something else fairly pretty brittle to me, so I wouldn't try to bend one.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: