Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW flat 4 jet ski/boat project
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
vwjetboat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: VW flat 4 jet ski/boat project Reply with quote

Letterman7 wrote:
Why complicate things? Why not just put the water jet back in it? RPM's should be close to the original engine at cruise, plus you gain a little bit of torque. Hook it up to a clutch mechanism coming off the crank pulley like you're attempting.

the water jet is going back in.. see the brand new blue wear ring ? ^^^
vwjetboat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: VW flat 4 jet ski/boat project Reply with quote

vwjetboat wrote:
Letterman7 wrote:
Why complicate things? Why not just put the water jet back in it? RPM's should be close to the original engine at cruise, plus you gain a little bit of torque. Hook it up to a clutch mechanism coming off the crank pulley like you're attempting.

the water jet is going back in.. see the brand new blue wear ring ?
^^^

and no its not even close.. the impeller will be turning about 8000 rmp at wide open throttle .. so the engine needs to be match that by way of a pulley.. almost 2-1 ratio .
vwjetboat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: VW flat 4 jet ski/boat project Reply with quote

1994 sp 18.8 pitch.. here is more info.. http://www.seadoosource.com/impellerref.html
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: VW flat 4 jet ski/boat project Reply with quote

Have no idea what the wear ring is or what it looks like. I only dealt with SeaDoo's a short while when working at a resale boat dealer back in the early 2000's. RPM ratio sounds high, but then, weren't they Rotax motors?

What about using a supercharger pulley and belt? I'm not entirely sure two 1" belts will give you enough "grip". http://www.ebay.com/itm/RCD-Blower-Belt-And-Magnes...mp;vxp=mtr

Since you have to do a 2:1 ratio, there might already be a toothed pulley out there somewhere.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwjetboat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: VW flat 4 jet ski/boat project Reply with quote

Letterman7 wrote:
Have no idea what the wear ring is or what it looks like. I only dealt with SeaDoo's a short while when working at a resale boat dealer back in the early 2000's. RPM ratio sounds high, but then, weren't they Rotax motors?

What about using a supercharger pulley and belt? I'm not entirely sure two 1" belts will give you enough "grip". http://www.ebay.com/itm/RCD-Blower-Belt-And-Magnes...mp;vxp=mtr

Since you have to do a 2:1 ratio, there might already be a toothed pulley out there somewhere.

Well the wear ring is the ring around the jet pump impeller.. it makes the pump.. when new.. put out 100% of what it was suppose to.. after time sand and stuff wear it down ... before id spend 200 on a really nice looking belt system like that.. I would use timing gears off a rabbit golf jetta of some sort & timing belts like off a honda gold wing that are almost perfect.. i have two used ones .. RPMS i am not sure off.. never owned a jet ski.. googled and that was top speed of a few. so not real sure.. love to find the exact info but then. does it matter? only thing that is 94 sea doo is from transom back pump fit the 98 yellow ski im using.. because.. it was all free.. but wear ring that was 13 bucks..
vwjetboat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: VW flat 4 jet ski/boat project Reply with quote

well yesterday I bought carbs for the boat engine.. of someone on here.. dual 32/34 pict
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: