Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:39 am    Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus? Reply with quote

You have to be the constant reminder that his $4000 fish isn't happening

Then call his local town and complain about unregistered cars on his property.
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:48 am    Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus? Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
You have to be the constant reminder that his $4000 fish isn't happening
Then call his local town and complain about unregistered cars on his property.
Oh that would be good, but I think he runs like a "rent a parking space" kind of thing so I don't know if that would work. I'll just have to keep bugging him until I can get it cheap enough.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:52 am    Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus? Reply with quote

Ok, Sun is up

Time for your Go Mow Me funding campaign!

Snark aside , I wish you well your on your quest. It takes most 10 years to find their passion, between 20 and 30. I like using lasers to look inside brains to learn things about how it works. That took some time to learn how to do that.
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:55 am    Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus? Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
Ok, Sun is up

Time for your Go Mow Me funding campaign!

Snark aside , I wish you well your on your quest. It takes most 10 years to find their passion, between 20 and 30. I like using lasers to look inside brains to learn things about how it works. That took some time to learn how to do that.
That's pretty cool. I'll see what I can do today to make some money, but this weeks the eclipse so I'll be in South Carolina and then school starts. Thanks for the luck!
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
KentPS wrote:

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus? Reply with quote

Go Vanagon....

Nothing fancy, but someone might be interested in an aircooled passenger van.

https://richmond.craigslist.org/cto/d/83-vw-vanagon-bus-van/6257374982.html

83 VW Vanagon bus/van - $2250

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

clay st at adams

1983 volkswagen vanagon

cylinders: 4 cylinders
fuel: gas
odometer: 153
title status: clean
transmission: manual
type: van

beautiful volkswagen bus / van but not currently running! needs a replacement cylinder head to run. the valve seat on 1 of the cylinders has been blown out. prior to taking taking this apart the van was running alright on 3 cylinders (not good to drive it like this though). other than this the engine is almost new. a cylinder head will cost about $200.

GREAT body and interior for a van of this age. 153xxx on body!!! so low for this age. engine was replaced at one point (factory replacement) and looks to have less than 500 miles on it. minimal rust. nice blue paint with matching interior, all original!

seats 7 total, 2 front captains chairs, 2 seat bench in middle 3 seat bench in back. back bench folds flat (shown flat in pictures) the seats are easily removed if you want more space.

van is aircooled (pre '83 switch to water cooled). was originally fuel injected, switched over to a carburetor. original FI system included.

this would be a relatively minor fix, or would be a great vehicle to do a subaru conversion or the like. i bought this to turn into a camper van, but i am moving for work and no longer have time to complete this project.

contact me with questions! reasonable offers considered. text preferred!!
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus? Reply with quote

No way Abscate, no vanagons for me or dad.... They just aren't as nice looking.... He actually doesn't like them and sometimes refuses to look at them when we go to shows.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
KentPS wrote:

mukluk wrote:
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus? Reply with quote

67ctbug wrote:
I'll just have to keep bugging him until I can get it cheap enough.

or he tells you to go f*ck yourself...

like I said...have cash in hand

I have always been able to buy whatever when I take the wad out of my pocket....

this thread is painful dude...until you have cash in hand, you're wasting everyone's time, period. as you found out the hard way....you need to buy it on the spot...no "I will hold it for you" or trade b.s. cash is king

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
Westfalia73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:34 am    Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus? Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
67ctbug wrote:
I'll just have to keep bugging him until I can get it cheap enough.

or he tells you to go f*ck yourself...

like I said...have cash in hand

I have always been able to buy whatever when I take the wad out of my pocket....

this thread is painful dude...until you have cash in hand, you're wasting everyone's time, period. as you found out the hard way....you need to buy it on the spot...no "I will hold it for you" or trade b.s. cash is king

Yeah it's painful, pages and pages of sound advice that is falling on deaf ears, like others have said, nice dream and good luck, but right now you haven't a pot to piss in or a window to chuck it out of, save, save, save and stop looking at rotten rusty pieces of shit, we all know what a rotten bus looks like and so should you by now, head down and arse up and save that cash and get that dream bus.........
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:42 am    Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus? Reply with quote

We were all kids once and this young man will get my patience and encouragement because my kids taught me the power of that.
orangebug60guy
Twin #1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:17 am    Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus? Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
We were all kids once and this young man will get my patience and encouragement because my kids taught me the power of that.

"Insanity is hereditary, my kids gave it to me." Rolling Eyes

Save your money, keep looking, talk to local people. Drive your bug and advertise that you're looking for a bus. VW people know other VW people and where they are hidden. That's how I've found all of my VWs. CASH HELPS.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus? Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:

the forum at large has given this kid fantastic advice....I will give some more...

my grandfather always told me "if you want extra, work extra" when I was 8, I had a shitty old lawn mower and went door to door pulling it behind a shitty old BMX I had. the 'no one will hire me' may be in todays world a reality due to liability....but that isn't an excuse to NOT be proactive and pound the streets....

I mean craigslist always has some 'looking for help' ad's for odd jobs....don't be proud...do what it takes to get where you want to be. as mentioned, you have shown nothing but borderline crusher bait from the gitgo...get the $$ in hand...then start your search.

you may have to travel. 98% of everything he wants here in Connecticut is fucking dumpster bait rotted to hell parts cars. budget in a tow/haul as well. looking in the classifieds here there is no shortage of buses for sale...but his budget just isn't there.

trying to own 2 cars at his age is stupid...sell the bug. even today, they are a dime a dozen. take the proceeds and put it towards a bus. like it or not, you're going to have to sacrifice something to get what you want

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
borninabus
Samba R&D Dept.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus? Reply with quote

67ctbug wrote:
No way Abscate, no vanagons for me or dad.... They just aren't as nice looking.... He actually doesn't like them and sometimes refuses to look at them when we go to shows.

sweet! a bus snob who doesn't even own a bus.
try driving one.
vans are everything that a bus will never be.
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus? Reply with quote

borninabus wrote:
67ctbug wrote:

sweet! a bus snob who doesn't even own a bus.
try driving one.
vans are everything that a bus will never be.

I don't hate 'em I hear they're better than bay's, but I prefer the bay's. He just had a bay so that's what he wants.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
KentPS wrote:

mukluk wrote:
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus? Reply with quote

Alright I'm gonna stop looking for the bus for now. Put some money to the bug and make it a runner for when I get my license. After that, I'll start saving more for a bus.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
KentPS wrote:

mukluk wrote:
Globespotter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus? Reply with quote

67ctbug wrote:
Alright I'm gonna stop looking for the bus for now.

No you're not. You are still looking. Admit your sickness.
1971 Super Beetle - 1977-1980

1971 SB Survivor Story: https://globespotter.com/
Road Trip Thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=511800&highlight=
My 77 Westy Thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=647114&highlight=

http://vw-mplate.com/mcode.php?lang=EN&id=30990
https://vw-type2-id.xyz/mplate/72067382
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus? Reply with quote

Globespotter wrote:
67ctbug wrote:
Alright I'm gonna stop looking for the bus for now.

No you're not. You are still looking. Admit your sickness.

Laughing
I'm still checking craigslist but I'm not contacting anyone.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
KentPS wrote:

mukluk wrote:
ROCKOROD71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus? Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:

I mean craigslist always has some 'looking for help' ad's for odd jobs....don't be proud...do what it takes to get where you want to be. as mentioned, you have shown nothing but borderline crusher bait from the gitgo...get the $$ in hand...then start your search.

damned if this isn't the truth. I had to hand dig 4 big ass holes this summer for new footings on my front porch, and if some neighborhood kid had asked for work I would gladly have put a shovel in his hands for $10/hr cash plus meals. Took two grown experienced hole-diggers almost 3 days to get it done (good old New England rocky soil, no augers will do this job). Unfortunately pretty much NO ONE wants to do that. Personally I will never try it again! However i got a lawn to mow, weeds to pull, fence to paint. Perhaps cheap teenage labor is the way to go?

30 years from now, the next guy may not want your girlfriend, but he may want your classic car, depending on how nice you were to it.

asiab3 wrote:

Careful guys, a petulant child can grow up to be president these days.

**winter drivers: no survivors!**rust warrior**#keepbodyshopsbusy**
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus? Reply with quote

ROCKOROD71 wrote:
damned if this isn't the truth. I had to hand dig 4 big ass holes this summer for new footings on my front porch, and if some neighborhood kid had asked for work I would gladly have put a shovel in his hands for $10/hr cash plus meals. Took two grown experienced hole-diggers almost 3 days to get it done (good old New England rocky soil, no augers will do this job). Unfortunately pretty much NO ONE wants to do that. Personally I will never try it again! However i got a lawn to mow, weeds to pull, fence to paint. Perhaps cheap teenage labor is the way to go?
I would do mowing, weed pulling, painting and stuff like that. The only thing stopping me from looking on CL and stuff Is my mom. She's doesn't like me talking to strangers and stuff(but I'm on Samba so Laughing ). If I could find someone that would pay $10/hour to do random stuff like that I definitely would do it.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
KentPS wrote:

mukluk wrote:
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus? Reply with quote

67ctbug wrote:
ROCKOROD71 wrote:
I would do mowing, weed pulling, painting and stuff like that. The only thing stopping me from looking on CL and stuff Is my mom. She's doesn't like me talking to strangers and stuff(but I'm on Samba so Laughing ). If I could find someone that would pay $10/hour to do random stuff like that I definitely would do it.

If she ever met people from the Samba, she would take your computer away forever.
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Seen My '71 Bus? Reply with quote

abscate wrote:
If she ever met people from the Samba, she would take your computer away forever.
😆 Laughing she's kind of met one and I've met another.... both really cool guys... now a few of you, she might have a problem with.... Laughing
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
KentPS wrote:

mukluk wrote:
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Jump to:
Page 18 of 22

Jump to: